Star garden villa perks?

carontori

I am a little confused. We are in a penthouse suite on the sky. Is it possible to get a upgrade to a Garden Villa from that catagory and what would the approx. cost be.:):)

Yes, I think it is possible, but costs... someone else will have to answer... the only one I can think of was about $2k and I think that was total.

I am a little confused. We are in a penthouse suite on the sky. Is it possible to get a upgrade to a Garden Villa from that catagory and what would the approx. cost be.:):)

The Sky doesn't have Garden Villas.

Excellent! Thanks so, so much for the info. We'll be sure to be appropriately dressed when standing near the windows. :) I guess that could qualify as the biggest surprise!

Now: one other quick question for all you seasoned "GVer's" - do they replenish the toiletries in the bathrooms (or give you a sufficient quantity to last for the whole cruise?)

The GV has Elemis products and I thought they were great. I brought home enough of them. ;) I would put a bottle of the shampoo, conditioner and shower gel, in the shower and Cecillio would restock the tray on the counter. They aren't the tiny little bottles like you get in the hotels. The bottles are about 6 inches tall and about 2 inches in diameter. And just a word of warning to the ladies. The shower gel is called "Sharp Shower Gel" for a reason. It's very refreshing but it must be mint based. You don't want to use it "Everywhere"..... if you get my meaning. :eek: It will definately wake you up.

Hi DisneyFan:

The full price upgrade from a PH to a GV on a ship that has one (such as the Star) is astronomical - probably around $12-13k. :eek:

I had booked 2 suites, an OS and a PH and upgraded (full price) to the GV after thinking about how much more incredible that experience would be for everyone in my traveling party. The added cost for me was around $7k. Upgrading to the GV also allowed me to add my sister and brother in law to the itinerary; they are celebrating their 40th wedding anniversary and have never been on a cruise! (What a way to start!)

I know some people will think I am absolutely out of my mind to have done this - and they may be correct - I'll let you know after the trip is complete! ;)

Hi DisneyFan:

The full price upgrade from a PH to a GV on a ship that has one (such as the Star) is astronomical - probably around $12-13k. :eek:

I had booked 2 suites, an OS and a PH and upgraded (full price) to the GV after thinking about how much more incredible that experience would be for everyone in my traveling party. The added cost for me was around $7k. Upgrading to the GV also allowed me to add my sister and brother in law to the itinerary; they are celebrating their 40th wedding anniversary and have never been on a cruise! (What a way to start!)

I know some people will think I am absolutely out of my mind to have done this - and they may be correct - I'll let you know after the trip is complete! ;)

It doesn't have to be that bad. We were in an AFT BA and got an upsell to an AC and the other couple got an upsell from a mini to an AC. We were then quoted an upsell to the GV. We added another couple and our final cost was under $10k for 3 couples. :eek: We are now booked on a PC cruise and we're hoping the upsell fairy calls again.;)

Mooline... where are you? I did it. I think I'm going to throw up! Then I'm going to have one heck of a great cruise!!

Just breathe....Then get ready to have an AMAZING cruise. Please tell Simone, Linda & Mike said hello. We were just there 2 weeks ago. She will take great care of you. We changed our PC trip to Jan 16th so we could cruise with Simone again.:D Be sure to post when you return.

I'm trying to be calm... not easy. Bad news is I think I miss Simone... vacation or something. Boo. That said, when I went on the Dawn I had read all about the butler ... oh heck, Anoop or something like that, well... I had Ravi and I wouldn't trade him at all!!!! So, I'm guessing someone will figure out how to take care of us.

I'm trying to be calm... not easy. Bad news is I think I miss Simone... vacation or something. Boo. That said, when I went on the Dawn I had read all about the butler ... oh heck, Anoop or something like that, well... I had Ravi and I wouldn't trade him at all!!!! So, I'm guessing someone will figure out how to take care of us.

Do you mean you actually did it?:D You booked the GV? Which one did you get? How many of you will be staying in the GV? Did you have to give up your OBC?

Don't worry, I'm sure you'll be taken care of very well. You won't even have to leave your beautiful Villa for anything! Well, except to go on your excursions.;)

Congrats! Talk about being spoiled for future cruises!:rolleyes:

John was our butler two weeks ago on the Star, he only does the Villas and suites, he is off for a few months to get married in May. He was great, always there when we needed something.

well maybe Simone will be back by the May 2nd cruise... anyone know who will be there?

6 of us in a GV... traveling with DH, parents and my children.... and NONE of them know! This is a surprise. Wonder if I can keep it a secret.

well maybe Simone will be back by the May 2nd cruise... anyone know who will be there?

6 of us in a GV... traveling with DH, parents and my children.... and NONE of them know! This is a surprise. Wonder if I can keep it a secret.

WOW! What a great surprise!;) Good luck in keeping it a secret. You've got a little over 7 weeks, don't you? That's a long time to keep quiet about staying in the GV!:D

Awesome, Awesome!!!

We are allllll so excited for you!!! I think you can definitely keep the surprise - I love your idea of saying that you "just booked a little suite". Maybe you can tell them that you "got a deal on a few adjoining cabins, but gee, the rooms are a little small, yet they do adjoin so it seemed to make sense..."

This is GREAT - I am sure you will all have a marvelous time. Are you in 14500 - that is apparently the better of the two or so they say (though we're in 14000, the other was taken by the time we booked.)

And now, being so very selfish...I can't wait to hear about the trip, since we're off on the same cruise in the GV just a month after you return.

Congrats, AdoptAtty! :)

Mooline... the most I can figure out is a bar vs. galley kitchen and something about a closet to store luggage... I'm thinking we are both going to have a great time.

I have no idea how I'm going to keep quiet until the cruise... but can you imagine the shock on 5 faces as the butler leads them to the suite. I'm guessing when we check in people would say stuff that might give it away... but they may have no idea what a Garden Villa is... my parents won't and my kids won't... the DH may have heard the term. Hmmm... this could be fun!

Even though our family knew about the GV the first time we had one I think the first hour or two everyone just kept walking in circles inside and outside saying "I just don't believe it."

It's an amazing experience.

Even though our family knew about the GV the first time we had one I think the first hour or two everyone just kept walking in circles inside and outside saying "I just don't believe it."

I'm thinking my parents have NO CLUE such a thing even exists... let alone, that is where they will be cruising. My daughters have only been on one older RCCL ship, in a outside cabin... I did tell them it has a balcony and they are thrilled... that and the thought of a Cappuccino maker have them thrilled. Now the DH, well he has been in an Owner's suite, so he knows how nice that is... and maybe I said Garden Villa, at least I described it, but he hasn't even seen photos of one. Can you imagine the shock? :D

Hey guys - have any of you heard of free access to the spa for suite and/or GV passengers? There is discussion about that in another thread on the NCL board - and I said I would check with the "experts" :)

Hey guys - have any of you heard of free access to the spa for suite and/or GV passengers? There is discussion about that in another thread on the NCL board - and I said I would check with the "experts" :)

The spa is not free for suite and/or GV passengers. The GV passengers do have a small swimming pool. hot tub, and steam rooms to use for free in the courtyard area.

The spa is not free for suite and/or GV passengers. The GV passengers do have a small swimming pool. hot tub, and steam rooms to use for free in the courtyard area.

The Star and Dawn GV's don't have the small swimming pool because there are no Courtyard Villas on these ships. They do have their own hot tubs and steamrooms, though. :)

The steamroom on the Star GV 14500 had a strong pine smell, but after awhile you did not notice it. The hot tub was great, you did get a strong wind blowing around when at sea, just jump in and have fun. You can also go to the sports court and shoot some hoops, just prop the door open, remember to close the door when you go back into the GV. Go up to the 15th deck and watch how many people look up at you, you can see them saying how did they get up there.

The Star and Dawn GV's don't have the small swimming pool because there are no Courtyard Villas on these ships. They do have their own hot tubs and steamrooms, though. :)

The PCC I was trying to work with told me... private pool with retractable roof we shared with the other GV! and that each of our courtyards had a retractable roof our butler could open or close for us. :eek: Lucky for me I have my fellow cc'ers to know that wasn't so.

Still working on my cover story... showed the DH an AB since he was wondering where my daughters were going to fit that I've added to fill the 3rd GV bedroom. Haven't said anything to my parents, but they have no idea... so I can just say... oh, they have a small 3 BR suite that gives us a little common living room and a little bit larger deck. HA! If they only knew! I really need to go get one of those mini camcorders to record the SHOCK when they are walked into the GV.

I even thought I could take some of my business cards and write on the back: They have NO idea we are staying in the Garden Villa. It is a surprise! ;)

Archived