Star garden villa perks?

carontori

We just booked the GV on Dawn....can't wait to taste the good life you all are talking about.....We got 14,500 - is this a good one? I thought I read about a closet for luggage and a bar area, vs a kitchen area in 14,000? Anyone know for sure?

We just booked the GV on Dawn....can't wait to taste the good life you all are talking about.....We got 14,500 - is this a good one? I thought I read about a closet for luggage and a bar area, vs a kitchen area in 14,000? Anyone know for sure?

If you want a great bar, you booked the good one.:)

You're right about bar vs kitchen. To me, no contest -- bar!

Not sure about the luggage area, but if you have a great bar, who cares?

Thanks to you both for information......sounds like you have been in the GV a few times. Were they all upsells? Wanted to try that route, but our Villa mates were a little leary about waiting for that to happen.....can see their point.

John was our butler two weeks ago on the Star, he only does the Villas and suites, he is off for a few months to get married in May. He was great, always there when we needed something.

Is he getting married? To ALICE? Wow that would be wonderful news...even it isn't Alice, so long as he is happy (Alice is lovely too and we would wish her the best). We LOVE john and are very sad that we will miss him in August when we're back on the star. He is one of our Hall of Fame Butlers....

As for simone's replacement, i'll try to find out and post back. I know that Alex forbes has been the floater but i do not know if he will float over to the Star or if he is otherwised tied up at a different pier (sorry, couldn't resist).

Thanks to you both for information......sounds like you have been in the GV a few times. Were they all upsells? Wanted to try that route, but our Villa mates were a little leary about waiting for that to happen.....can see their point.

14500 is the best cabin afloat. period.

the luggage area is a closet off the main hall in the villa, as you walk to the garden on the right hand side before you get to the third bedroom.

You do have a bar, btw, in 14500. stools and everything. and a kitchen too, it's just much nicer than the industrial one in 14000.

Unfortunately, we wanted to do b2b in august and were only able to get 14500 for one week and we'll have to move to 14000 for the second week (not such a tragedy!) BUT THAT means i'll finally be able to have my butler pack and unpack for me! LOL it really does sound a bit awkward to say that, but unless the folks who have 14500 the second week (from the 22nd) want to switch 'seats' I really am going to have the butler help us move.

if you need more info, let us know here. happy to help.

Too much of a crap shoot to wait for an upsell.;) I stay away from the busy season, though.

Pax with screen names Bobbye, Mr & Mrs NoPiratesPlease & MsEscada (sp?) are GV pros! They've been in GV's on different ships. I only know the Dawn. Because the Star is a sister ship, I can answer some GV questions. I stay away from decor questions, such as the 'babbling brook' in the Star's GV.

I don't remember if I posted this link yet, but here it is, anyway. GV 14500 in June '06: http://barbct605.shutterfly.com/8

Edited to add: See, MsEscada knows her stuff! Thanks for the info about the luggage closet. Didn't even know there was one.

Alex forbes has been the floater but i do not know if he will float over to the Star or if he is otherwised tied up at a different pier (sorry, couldn't resist).

cute... you mean he covers for vacationing butlers or concierges?? wasn't sure what you meant.

As for simone's replacement, i'll try to find out and post back. I know that Alex forbes has been the floater but i do not know if he will float over to the Star or if he is otherwised tied up at a different pier (sorry, couldn't resist).

We would love it if Alex were to come over to the Star! He was our Concierge on the Star in 2006 and then on the Pearl in 2007. Alex is a "class act"! :)

Barbara: NIce pictures - and no, I had not seen them yet.

Does anyone know the diminisions of each bedroom and bath?

I don't know the actual dimensions, but to give you an idea for GV's on the Dawn:

2 of the 3 bedrooms are "master" bedrooms with king-sized beds and:

Roomy walk-in closets, big, luxurious bathrooms with double sinks, large showers and whirlpool tubs.

(The showers are quite something -- be sure ask your butler or steward to show you how to operate them.)

The middle bedroom is the same size/layout as the AC/AD/AE suites.

Here are some detailed pics, from another CC'er. You'll be in 14500 (Vista suite); these pics are for 14000 (Horizon):

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2453572670062385534Rransg

Tip: Close the blinds at night because others will be able to see in.

I'm going to guess there have been some interesting sights looking up to those suites from down below!

Actually...I was told of a woman in the villa who knew that the blinds didn't have to be used during the day, but she didn't know about the nighttime viewing problem.

From what I understand, no one wanted to tell her after it was discovered she wasn't closing the blinds. I guess, they figured she would be too embarrassed.

I sure as hell would want to know!:eek:

You all are funny - it is nice to "meet" up with others who think the way I do.....have fun and enjoy life.

Thanks for all your pictures and help - this will be the nicest room we have had. The Courtyard villas were nice, but THIS! WOW!

you get six bottles and i think the list is the same as the os, you just get more of them. we, however, do special requests which are often honored. if ncl is smart they'll continue to realize that the price of even an expensive bottle of liquor is more than worth it to keep GV passengers happy -- especially given how much more expensive the GVs are now than they used to be.

and thanks for the compliment, Barb, about knowing my stuff...just that the GV on the Star was our first and that makes it special (and that was back in 2003 when it was the best kept secret afloat and 1/3 the price it is now pp) - so it's our home away from home.

Has anyone seen the liquor selection list? I understand it is not the same as owner's suite

I don't remember the exact items, but I think there were choices for rum, gin, vodka, scotch, etc. I know that they had Harvey's Bristol Cream and we asked to substitute Bailey's and they did, without any problems. They also provided all the mixers for bloody mary's, pina coldas, etc. We needed a blender and John (the butler) got us one from one of the bars.;)

Archived