Just got back from Costa Maya!

kittykatt07

My boyfriend and I (I am 26 and he is 28) just got back last week from a wonderful day in Costa Maya! We went into Mahahual with a group of about 10 other people we met on the cruise. Taxi was $3 each to get there by a charter bus. We do like to drink so we decided to do the unlimited drinks/chips & salsa through someone at the pier. It was $30 per person and totally worth it! You had an open bar with beer, mixed drinks, shots, and any frozen drink you could want! Also with the price you got a beach chair. The place we were taken to was called 40 Canones. It is was so fun! Around the bar they have swings! There was a waiter to bring you drinks if you wanted to be lazy but we were up and around the whole time having fun. Right next to the bar they were doing beachside massages and it was amazing!! YOu must do them! We only paid $10 for a half hour or $20 for an hour! They may say a higher price at first but we told them someone else had done them for $10 and they said ok! Seriously tho, it was such a great massage we ended up giving them a tip at the end of it because they did such an amazing job! There is vedors by the beach if you want to do any jet ski, snorkeling, etc. At the end of the day there were taxi's waiting an it cost $2 each to get back to the pier. It was a great day :) Feel free to ask me any questions!

Katrina

Hey Katrina

Glad to hear you had a good time. Do you know the name of the beach you were at? Was it Pez Quadro? I have heard that the beach by the bar with the swings is really good, did you find that it was a great place to have drinks, fun and enjoy the sun? We are going to Costa Maya in March and have never been there.

Thanks for you input

I'm sorry I don't know what the beach name was, but I'm sure that is the one I'm talking about. I didn't see any other bars with swings! The beach was very nice...white sand, gorgeous and warm water! We totally enjoyed the drinks and had a ton of fun! There are a lot of other bars down the beach you can walk to if you want as well! I totally recommend it :) Have a wonderful time!!!

Katrina

I've seen pictures of the pool and beach at the port, but I don't hear of anyone going to them. Has anyone spent the day here? Is it free?

How was the food and drink compared to the beach all inclusives? How is the prices of the food and drink compared to the beach inclusives?

We are going March 24 and trying to decide were to go...

Thx

I've seen pictures of the pool and beach at the port, but I don't hear of anyone going to them. Has anyone spent the day here? Is it free?

How was the food and drink compared to the beach all inclusives? How is the prices of the food and drink compared to the beach inclusives?

Thx

Prices for drinks at the port are cheaper than on the ship. Pool and beach are free. Never eaten at the port. Prices for drinks in the village (Majahual) are cheaper than at the port. AIs are $30 - $40 per person.

We like to walk the village and stop wherever looks nice. Our last trip (Jan 16) of eating and drinking at several places was $40 total for both of us.

Going to Majahual is definetly worth the fare ($3 each). Unless you are planning on doing a lot of drinking, wouldn't mess with an all inclusive. Beers are about $2 and think margaritas were about 5. Shopping is alot better in the fishing village too. Prices were set in the port area and much better haggeling in the village:rolleyes:.

Hey Katrina

Glad to hear you had a good time. Do you know the name of the beach you were at? Was it Pez Quadro? I have heard that the beach by the bar with the swings is really good, did you find that it was a great place to have drinks, fun and enjoy the sun? We are going to Costa Maya in March and have never been there.

Thanks for you input

We spent last Tuesday at Pez Quadro and did the all-inclusive $30 deal. We really enjoyed our time there. Our husbands snorkeled and enjoyed what they were able to see. There is a sailboat that was sunk off shore and they checked that out. The current got a little strong so you want to watch yourself. Massages on the beach were awesome and only $20

Thx

Hi there! I had some friends from the ship that stayed at the port for a while there. They really seemed to enjoy the pool and swim-up bar. They did say the prices were a bit spendy tho and the food wasn't anything to write home about. The drinks (quality)are basically the same where ever u go, but cheaper in Majahual. I was able to do some bartering at one of the jewlery stores for a beautiful silver ring. A word of advise tho...stop at ths shops and look when you first get there so you know whats there, but don't buy anything until you are about ready to leave Costa Maya because they will go lower on prices since they know you are leaving and it's their last shot to sell to you.

Katrina

Archived