sorry , and one more!

I took mine out also through Insure and go, and took the cover without the US part, it worked out cheaper and and as I'm diabetic I'm also loaded and it was still only about £60 including covering the diabetic part, other companies wanted to load me and exclude anything to do with the diabetes :confused: go figure.

Jay x.

Capasamari, you are quite correct. The Caribbean Islands are classed as part of the USA for insurance purposes, which unfortunately will bump up the costs.:(

Also it is vitally important for people to declare all medical conditions, unless they have discussed with the insurance company an exclusion clause for a particular condition. If you do not declare a condition, then the insurance company will have "a get out free" card, even if your illness or accident is unrelated to the undisclosed condition.

And believe me, before they pay anything out, they will contact your GP, who is legally bound to give the insurance company your full medical history, with your signed permission of course. So don't risk it people - declare all your illnesses!

This is good advice regarding insurance but there is another One a lot of people travel from Scotland to all over the world and if they have a bank account with Royal Bank of Scotland and if its a Loyalties Account they get there Travel Insurance For Free and it covers all over the world so ask your Bank Manager this Royalties card gives discounts on BB , Concerts etc too many more to mention :D

I do think that different insurance companies have varying rules regarding the Caribbean. Some regard it as part of the USA for insurance purposes, and some obviously don't! Mine does! (Columbus Direct):(

Just to be sure, you should check with your own company.

Archived