New england and canada cruise

jvkauai

Has anyone here docked out philadelphia to go on The Majesty , i would like to know how is the weather going to be like and should I bring warm clothing , this would be early september cruise.

Thank you for any advise that anyone can give

Has anyone here docked out philadelphia to go on The Majesty , i would like to know how is the weather going to be like and should I bring warm clothing , this would be early september cruise.

Thank you for any advise that anyone can give

Early September is really the nicest part of the year here. The heat and humidity of the summer is gone and fog doesn't occur as often.

It will be cool/cold when you are at sea. It is that way even in summer in these waters.

On sunny days the ports will start off coolish (low 60's) but will warm up into the 70's by noon. Rainy/foggy days will most likely see temps in the 60's. Even if it is foggy in the morning when you leave the ship, that fog will probably burn off by noon and it will be warm. Inland will always be warmer than on the coast.

Layering your clothing is always the best bet around here. If you can't peel off the layers as the day warms up you will be uncomfortable. I still wear shorts in early September when I golf---starting off with a sweater and jacket and finishing in short sleeves as the day progresses.

We went last year at the end of September and the weather was delightful. A sweater or sweatshirt made you very comfortable from morning till night. We took heavy coats and never touched them. So, your weather should be perfect in early September.

Have a great time!

CG

We went last year on the Dream out of Boston to Canada. The sailing date was Sept. 21. The weather was beautiful and in the 70's BUT only about 1% of the trees had changed color. We were about 2 weeks early but they said it had been extremely warm and that was unusual. We had a balcony and were able to use it most of the trip. Leaves only change color because of cold weather

We took the Majesty out of Philadelphia 3 years ago. The boarding was horrible as it was the first cruise of any line for the year (April) and the help (temporary workers) had no idea about check in. We stayed in a Comfort Inn fairly near the airport and they ran a shuttle to the port at no charge. The hotel was very nice and clean. Coming back we took a taxi to the airport. The cruise port is very near downtown.

We went last year on the Dream out of Boston to Canada. The sailing date was Sept. 21. The weather was beautiful and in the 70's BUT only about 1% of the trees had changed color. We were about 2 weeks early but they said it had been extremely warm and that was unusual. We had a balcony and were able to use it most of the trip. Leaves only change color because of cold weather

We took the Majesty out of Philadelphia 3 years ago. The boarding was horrible as it was the first cruise of any line for the year (April) and the help (temporary workers) had no idea about check in. We stayed in a Comfort Inn fairly near the airport and they ran a shuttle to the port at no charge. The hotel was very nice and clean. Coming back we took a taxi to the airport. The cruise port is very near downtown.

The leaves are usually at peak colour in our area around October 10th or so.

Archived