First Cruise...Bedding Questions

Yulara336

Hi all, we are looking to book our first cruise on Pacific Dawn in June. There is myself, my husband and our 4 year old son. What bedding configuration options do we have...? We've been offered an awesome deal on an H Oceanview Cabin. My worry is that we would be in bunk beds! I know you wouldnt spend too much time in your cabin apart from sleeping but neither my husband or I fancy sleeping on a top bunk (we wouldnt put our son up top) Does anyone have any pics of this same type of Cabin so we can see what the configuration is like?

Many thanks in advance! :) :)

Hello

You will love cruising and will soon become addicted like the rest of us. With 3 people in a cabin you will have bunk beds but it is fine. I guess you can always tell your husband he has to go up top because you might have to get up to your son through the night. lol:D

On our last cruise my husband and i shared with our son. I took the single and our son took the top bunk and husband was under him.

Don't be put off by bunk beds you hardly spend anytime in your room

Hope this helps

Tania:)

So I've read some differing reports where some people have been able to push the two beds together to make a double whilst still using the top bunk? What if my husband and I want to be intimate (LOL sorry!) and that definately wont happen on a bunk bed!

So I've read some differing reports where some people have been able to push the two beds together to make a double whilst still using the top bunk? What if my husband and I want to be intimate (LOL sorry!) and that definately wont happen on a bunk bed!

With a child in the room? Not going to happen. From past experience (with a child in the next room), fate will cause the mother-child radar to wake your child as soon as things get interesting! :D

Hi There,

Sorry but as others have said you will get bunks. I am not aware of having a double under a bunk.

On our first cruise we took our girls and we had some mummy/daddy time when the kids were in the kids clubs!!!!!!!!!!!..very quick I may add.:eek:

How old is you son? If he is old enough for the one of the kids clubs you may be able to have a little time together too..... and a single bunk can be accommodating.....just don't forget to put out your do not disturb sign!!:D

From our observation when we went we had 2 beds which were put together to make a "queen" in the middle, there we 2 bunks that we not used and left up in the "ceiling" so I can only see that it would be bunkbeds all around as there is no way that you would be able to get in the single bunks whilst there are 2 pushed together in the middle of the cabin, size is limited.

With a child in the room? Not going to happen. From past experience (with a child in the next room), fate will cause the mother-child radar to wake your child as soon as things get interesting! :D

id have to agree here...

with over 2 people in a cabin it's definately sepreate twins it says it on the website, you may find that they could move together but why would you. a single bed is heaps of space if u want it that bad :eek:

At New Year we cruised with our daughter in a 4 berth cabin and we simply asked the steward to put the bottom beds together. It wasn't a problem as they are easily moved and he arranged it so the bunk that folded down went over the end of the bed. Yes it meant one of us had to climb over the bed to get in but it actually gave us more room as the bunk was folded away during the day leaving us with the same layout as a double cabin. It was also easier for her to get into the bunk at night as she had lots of room around the ladder.

If you want to make changes my suggestions is talk to your steward when you board but tell them the next day is fine as they are really busy that first day.

Thanks for all your replies! We have found out that the cruise we were looking at required 2 additional nights stay in Papeete @ $414 per night! Apparently there are only a small number of flights back. No wonder it was so cheap! I also researched the price of dining in Tahiti and its insanely expensive...$30 for a sandwich, $80 for breakfast, we are going to give this one a miss :(

At New Year we cruised with our daughter in a 4 berth cabin and we simply asked the steward to put the bottom beds together. It wasn't a problem as they are easily moved and he arranged it so the bunk that folded down went over the end of the bed. Yes it meant one of us had to climb over the bed to get in but it actually gave us more room as the bunk was folded away during the day leaving us with the same layout as a double cabin. It was also easier for her to get into the bunk at night as she had lots of room around the ladder.

If you want to make changes my suggestions is talk to your steward when you board but tell them the next day is fine as they are really busy that first day.

I wouldnt be trying this quote above on face value, as diddles said cabin space is limited you wil see when u get there and its generally not policy due to space restriction mostly hence why theyve said they the 2lower beds must be twin if upper bunks are being occupied on their website.

So if you ask the cabin steward, dont be surprised when they cant fulfill your requjest and dont complain either because it clearly states on the deck plan, it'll be embarrassing for you.

eg; 4berth plaza deck: click on the deck plan link http://pocruises.com.au/html/dplan_pacific_dawn.cfm?deck=plaza&cabin=outside

bed.jpg

This is the pic we took in our inside cabin on the Baja Deck. You can see that there is very little room either side when 2 are pushed together to form a "queen". The bunks that were up against the ceiling when looking at them from the bed if dropped down would hang over each side of the "queen" bed so they would be no room and I would say it would be a hazard.

Hope this is of some help.

Archived