NCL Sky- Kids Crew

kmarie30

We have our first NCL cruise booked on the Sky and will be traveling with a total of 5 children ranging in age from 3 - 7 years. I am curious if anyone can tell me if the SKY offers the kids crew dinner, or if this is only on select ships?

We are planning to take advantage of the kids crew during dinner on some nights so that the adults can have a nice quiet dinner, but wasn't sure if we should plan to feed them before. Thanks!

We are sailing Sky in March for a 4-day. From my research, the answer is "no". I'm planning on feeding DD(5) and DS(4) in the buffet early and then bringing them to Kids Crew so DH and I can enjoy a leisurely dinner (and lunch and breakfast!). We eat out about 8 meals/wk so I know my kids would be happier eating quickly then playing rather than lingering over a 2-hr meal!!

Hopefully, you'll get a more definitive answer (at least on the 4-day Sky).

We are sailing Sky in March for a 4-day. From my research, the answer is "no". I'm planning on feeding DD(5) and DS(4) in the buffet early and then bringing them to Kids Crew so DH and I can enjoy a leisurely dinner (and lunch and breakfast!). We eat out about 8 meals/wk so I know my kids would be happier eating quickly then playing rather than lingering over a 2-hr meal!!

Hopefully, you'll get a more definitive answer (at least on the 4-day Sky).

Just an FYI we were never in the dining room more than 50 minutes. The wait staff was very good with the kids.

Just an FYI we were never in the dining room more than 50 minutes. The wait staff was very good with the kids.

Thanks for that! I've been reading about slow service in the main dining rooms. Doesn't bother me to spend hours eating (I don't really care for the shows) but this gives me some flexibility with the kids.

I, also, thought I'd try Il Adagio for lunch. Did you try there? Seems like it would be a good compromise between the buffet and "fine dining" with the pasta station.

Il Adagio may or may not be open for lunch. We enjoyed lunch at Ginza on the Star, but Lotus Garden (the equivalent) wasn't open for lunch on the Pearl. I just booked a Sky cruise last night, but I haven't seen any Dailies yet, so I don't know which specialties are or aren't open for lunch. As for slow service in the main dining rooms, I've never experienced this - and on our last night on the Pearl when we needed to eat quickly and get back to the theatre for the passenger talent show, we told our servers and we were in and out in under an hour. They also kept checking with us to make sure things were going quickly enough for us. :)

What I can tell you is that with the implementation of 2.0, the Kid's Crew do not have 'off' hours during sea days. Once they're open, they're open all day (9-10:30 I believe), so you can pick up your kids and take them to the buffet (or main dining room) for their meal, and then drop them off again before going for your own. On port days, I think they generally open at sail time. You should have no problem getting lots of alone adult time - and by doing the 'feeding' yourself, you get to monitor what your children are eating, too. :)

We were on the Dawn and Gem for week long cruises and there was only one kids crew dinner on both cruises. Do what is suggested before me, feed them in the kids buffet (they love the little tables and chairs) and sit with them. Bring them to kids club after and you guys go have a quiet, peaceful and maybe romantic dinner!

Archived