navy pier outer mole getting to and from ship

DianeW47

how easy is it to get on and off the ship if its docked at the outer mole navy pier? I've heard its a required trolly or bus ride off the area I'd prefer to walk is this possible? is it far from everything it seems like a cab will be required to go to the shop areas with the other ships docked

Thats the down side, by the time the shuttle will let you off you are over near Mallory square,the opposite of the southern most part. Then you have to walk all the way back where you just came from. If you want downtown and MS then its ok. Then you have to catch the shuttle back.

Thats the down side, by the time the shuttle will let you off you are over near Mallory square,the opposite of the southern most part. Then you have to walk all the way back where you just came from. If you want downtown and MS then its ok. Then you have to catch the shuttle back.

It is only a little over a mile from one end of Duval St to the other and taxis are really affordable in Key West.:confused:

Mike:)

Exactly,that is true. They take you to one end drop you off,and to get to the SME you have to pay a taxie to take you back where you came from or walk the mile,then walk the mile again to get back to the tram to go back to the ship. MS is so much easier.

Exactly,that is true. They take you to one end drop you off,and to get to the SME you have to pay a taxie to take you back where you came from or walk the mile,then walk the mile again to get back to the tram to go back to the ship. MS is so much easier.

I have never seen a port where cruise passengers are hauled around town for free, have you? :confused:

Cruise passengers disembarking at the Outer Mole in Key West are picked up at the same spot where they are dropped off.

AND, what part of what I said is not factual. The tram to and from the ship is included in your cruise if you dock at the mole.

You either have to walk or pay after the tram ride from the ship,and you have to either walk or pay to get back to the tram to go to the ship at the mole.

I think that answered the OP'S QUESTION with one exception.

If you dock at MS you just walk off and do what you want.

If you dock at the mole, you stand in line and wait for a tram to take you downtown,You cannot just go on your own.

You need to re-read the post. No one disputed what you said; but you seem to think that you should disembark in one place and then be picked up in another.

If you get off a ship in Key West you will get back on at the same place you got off. At no cost to you.

If you walk from Mallory Square to the Southern Most Point then yes you have to walk back.:confused:

Are you suggesting that the city should furnish a tram to pick you up after you have walked to the other end of Duval on your on?

I can't add anything to what I said,it is what it is,if you don't understand that then thats your problem not mine and Iam not here to change your mind.

I don't have a problem and I understand what you are saying all too well:p

Archived