Car rental companies that "service" the Port of Miami

Dukegirl5577

OK, so evidently the Enterprise location that "services" the Port of Miami is the 1717 Bayshore location, but apparently they're not actually able to provide pickup and dropoff from the port. You have to take a cab for about $10-15.

However, this location offers a rental that is $15 more than the downtown location, which doesn't "service" the Port of Miami. The distance from the port to both of these location is about the same...in fact, it's actually shorter to the downtown location (on SE 2nd Ave) than to the 1717 Bayshore location (ie, the "Port of Miami" location, where they cannot actually provide pickup).

So clearly, I would want to book the car rental from the cheaper location, if I'm going to have to pay for a taxi anyway. My only question is whether the taxi driver will refuse to take me to the downtown location, since it doesn't officially "service" the Port of Miami.

Anyone know?

. My only question is whether the taxi driver will refuse to take me to the downtown location, since it doesn't officially "service" the Port of Miami.

Any problems with taxis in Miami call Consumer Services Department at 305-375-3677. Their biggest fear is having their medallion suspended or revoked. ;)

from the Miami Dade consumer protection website:

MIAM DADE COUNTY Taxicab Passenger Bill of Rights

As a for-hire passenger you have the right to:

• Outstanding service.

• Air conditioning as soon as you enter the vehicle unless you request otherwise.

• The chauffeur taking the most direct route unless you request a different route.

• Be transported without fear or refusal.

• A chauffeur who knows and obeys all traffic laws.

• A child restraint seat if needed.

• A radio free (silent) trip.

• Smoke and incense free air.

• A courteous, English-speaking chauffeur who knows the streets of Miami-Dade County.

• A receipt offered for the fare charged.

• A clean passenger and trunk compartment and vehicle exterior.

• Know the chauffeur registration number

• Be transported in compliance with the standards set forth in the Americans with Disabilities Act.

Archived