Passport processing time .... an update

I mailed my passport renewal form and soon to be expiring passport the day after I returned from my NOS trip, Friday, January 30th.

I received the new one and the old one in the mail today. So, two weeks and a day, 15 days, not too shabby. I didn't pay for expedited service. Was hoping to have before my Mar 5 trip so I wouldn't have to break out the birth certificate.

I mailed my passport renewal form and soon to be expiring passport the day after I returned from my NOS trip, Friday, January 30th.

I received the new one and the old one in the mail today. So, two weeks and a day, 15 days, not too shabby. I didn't pay for expedited service. Was hoping to have before my Mar 5 trip so I wouldn't have to break out the birth certificate.

Mailed for my girls on the 29th. Still have not received them. No response at all from them. Hopefully, this week.

Well my children's just took four weeks with a one week delay. Last Saturday we recived the dreaded envelopes saying that we needed to submit their old passprts. When we did the renewals at the post office the agent helping us stated that the expiring passports did not need to be sent in with the application. I told her that the form stated they needed to go back, but she told me that she had done this for years and the form was wrong. She was also training someone who told her that the old passports needed to go back and she was also told how wrong she was. We received the letter asking for the old passports last Saturday and I mailed them on Monday. We received the new passports on Friday. That was pretty fast even with the delay. We still haven't received the documentation back. Hopefully that will show up next week.

Archived