Rum Point and 3 Ships

rhorhorho

Hi,

We will be in the Caymans in October and have plans to rent a car and drive to Rum Point...we've done this before with no problems. However, before we were one of two ships in port and this time it looks like the Destiny, the Valor, and the Liberty (I may be wrong on the ships but it's 3 CCL) will all be there - arriving and leaving at the same time.

Since we are Platinum with this cruise I'm not worried about tendering in, though I am a little sad about the long line I know we will face to get back. Here are my questions:

1. Will Rum Point be ungodly crowded? We planned on getting there early like around 10ish. What time do the tours start showing up - maybe we could head to Starfish Beach then and beat the crowds there as well.

2. When should we figure to line up for the tender back to the ship? We have a 5 year old so long lines, hot sun, and tired boy create an UGLY picture. I would rather leave early than live through a meltdown.

Thank you for any ideas or suggestions.

Kimberly

Archived