Where to put a crib (NCL AB suite)?

European_CruiseGirl

Hi all - I would need your help (I posted this also at the NCL board...I do hope it's ok for me to post this also here). :) We (me, DH, DD and now also DM) are cruising on the Gem in an AB suite. My DD will be 15 months when we cruise. She still sleeps in our bedroom right next to us (but in her own crib) and we would like her to sleep in the same room with us also during the cruise. My mother will use the second bedroom...

However looking at the photos of an AB suite it looks like there might not be room for a crib in the master bedroom. Has anyone of you been to this type of cabin (if so could you confirm if it is so)? I thought that perhaps if we could ask one of the night desks to be removed (and the bed to be pushed right next to one wall) there might be enough space but then again I cannot figure out if those night desks are wall mounted or removable... :o So if anyone would have any ideas on whereto put the crib I would appreciate... We wouldn't want to put it into the living room as we would like to have some "alone time" also after she has gone to sleep.

I'll attach a photo of the master bedroom here that I found from the web as well as the floor plan of that suite:

mbed1.JPG

PEARL-COURTYARD-VIL-PENT-01.gif

ON the family board they were talking about this same situation. One mom stated that they put the crib at the foot of the bed and then pulled the curtain (the curtain completely blocks the light out from the bathroom) until they were ready to go to bed and then they quietly slid the crib in front of the closet once they were ready for bed, and thats where is stayed throughout the night. I hope this helps...

Archived