past guest discount

ryansmama

Can someone tell me how much the past guest discount is?

We just got off the Glory (our first cruise), and are already thinking of our next cruise. Also, does the discount apply to Princess and Holland America?

Its pretty much a upgrade you get and no just Carnival.....;)

Sounds like yall got bit by the cruise bug:D

Past guest discounts vary and they are not available on all sailings. You can do a search on the Carnival site and in the right side there is a box that asks if you want to search for special prices.Enter any info that pertains to you, and that will help you find past guest. also it is usually small price drop but with good category upgrades. Have fun and good luck

There isn't a set past guest discount and they aren't always offered. Use the Code DP3 and that will show if there are any discounts at all.

If you use a site like Travelocity and click on the box that asks if you or anyone in your party has cruised with them before then they will show you a rate and a past passenger rate - if nothing like that comes up then there is no past passenger rate on that cruise.

Remember to go back often, even once you have booked, and check it out because they put those discounts on and off at all different times.

If you book another cruise within 60 days, you should get $50 off, unless they have changed that, but it is worth asking about.

There isn't a set past guest discount and they aren't always offered. Use the Code DP3 and that will show if there are any discounts at all.

If you use a site like Travelocity and click on the box that asks if you or anyone in your party has cruised with them before then they will show you a rate and a past passenger rate - if nothing like that comes up then there is no past passenger rate on that cruise.

Remember to go back often, even once you have booked, and check it out because they put those discounts on and off at all different times.

If you book another cruise within 60 days, you should get $50 off, unless they have changed that, but it is worth asking about.[/quote]

they still have it

also you can get the past guest discount on princess hal etc you just cant go to the past guest parties.

We didn't use it since it's only on certain cabins. It's just a cabin upgrade, not a discount and it doesn't apply to suites or delux rooms. Better to do early booking...

That's not necessarily true. I got a monetary discount of about $400 on my upcoming cruise as a past guest

I've tried using just a past guest code, and sometimes come up with squat!....:(

Depends on the sailing, and what is being offered at the time...!!:)

The 'new' pricing may save more, BUT any changes results in a penalty...:eek:

Basically, its a 'crap shoot', and changes from week to week...:rolleyes:

If you look on Carnivals new 2009 e-brochure on page 122, there is the vacation interchange priviledges section where it states that you are entitled to the same past guest savings being extended by any of their lines. The link is http://www.carnival-brochures.com/fleet/display.asp

-brenda

I recently attempted to use my Carnival Past Guest to get Past Guest rates on Princess, based on the parent company's Vacation Interchange Plan. Most of the Princess Booking Reps I got had no idea what I was talking about and said there was no such thing. Several Reps and a Supervisor came up with the story that the Carnival Past Guest privilege was only honored in selected (not all) Princess Past Guest offerings and that you have to ask if the Vacation Interchange Rate is being offered for the cruise you're calling about. I wasn't getting anywhere and gave up!

In talking to several Carnival Reps, they indicated that Carnival is much better at giving Carnival Past Guest rates to Princess Past Guests.

All in all, IMO this Vacation Interchange Program isn't all that it's hyped to be!!!!!!

ken

The Past Guest offerings are promo rates (just like the Resident, 55+, etc. rates) offered when necessary to "boost" bookings. They're not available all the time on any ship, are often only offered in certain Categories, and vary wildly; the better offerings include a noticeable discount on the rate and a several Category upgrade (like Cat 4a to Cat 4c) at time of booking. If you enter a Fare Code of "DP3" you'll either see the Past Guest Rates displayed or you'll get a goofy error code that really means that there's no Past Guest Rate currently offered for that sailing. Ken

Archived