Family Ocean View w/ Veranda on Solstice?

OneNewTexan

I believe 8107 is the same only opposite side of the ship.

The balcony is larger than the ones on deck 7. It has an average size balcony as far as depth but it's longer side to side.

We did our cabin as the last stop in our poker crawl and everyone was able to get in the cabin with plenty of room to spare.

I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Enjoy your cruise!

Charlie

DSC01012.jpg.667f187bf8a96980911a7dd30c779f01.jpg

DSC01013.jpg.cf38a322316a17b97ca20e7c7d820170.jpg

great pictures from aloanldy.

We stay in 7108 on the Solstice last Dec on a TA. The room was fabulous for 4 people. Our kids were 6th and 8th graders at the time, one boy and one girl, so they didn't want to share a bedroom. Sometimes I slept in the bunk room with my daughter, and sometimes my son slept on the sofa. Bunk room was comfortable as was master bedroom. Not sure about the sofa bed as my son can sleep any where.

We took a tour of the other rooms on the ship with other CC friends and the main difference that we saw between these cabins and regular cabins was that it was the larger cabin with pretty much the standard furniture. The suites are much more fully furnished, where as these rooms had lots of un utilized space, but with 4 of us and three rooms it was great. The great thing was that one person could stay up and watch TV while other's slept, or you could go in the bunk room for nap during the day and have it quiet and dark. Friends on the cabin tour asked if we were going to be ballroom dancing in the room, thats how spacious it is. A second little powder room like they have in the suites would have been a nice touch, but for the price they can't include everything.

Lots of privacy for middle school girls who like their privacy. :)

For the family that has the two children in the motorized wheel chairs, I think that they will find plenty of space for storage of the chairs, but the upper bunk would proabably not work. If the sofa bed is uncomfortable, perhaps they could request a roll-away for the second child? Also the hallway to the room is a bit narrow, but a wheel chair should fit. I don't think the rooms are advertised as particularly accessible, but I think you'll be OK. The bath room is not any different than a regular one, so hopefully that one be a problem for the kids.

I think these rooms are great, the only problem is that there are just four of them.

We sailed on the Soltice in the FV. It was a great cabin. i'll try to get the pics posted.

Thank you soooo much!! I'm glad to see the little table by the window, perfect for room service. I am very excited about this room. Spending 11 days in a small room with my 2 energetic boys (ages 3 and 6) was a little scary to me.

My only concern is that if my 5th family member backs out (he isn't sure he can swing it financially) and we go down to a foursome, they will bump us to a smaller cabin.

• 2 months later...

Just returned from the Holy Lands cruise on the equinox. Great ship and wonderful vacation. While stateroom 7108 is very spacious, being at the front of the ship is NOT a good thing. I read somewhere that someone said you "might" hear the anchor drop when you're at a port. It is more than 'might.' It is so loud and it shakes the entire room. It sounded as if our room was being sucked into the bottom of the ship. It happened at 5:45 each morning we were in a port (and 3:15 the final morning) which ended up being my wake up call. We chose this room because we had a friend traveling with us who used the 2nd room, but I'd never chose this room again. I'd go back to my midship (or even back of ship) where I prefer.

Just returned from the Holy Lands cruise on the equinox. Great ship and wonderful vacation. While stateroom 7108 is very spacious, being at the front of the ship is NOT a good thing. I read somewhere that someone said you "might" hear the anchor drop when you're at a port. It is more than 'might.' It is so loud and it shakes the entire room. It sounded as if our room was being sucked into the bottom of the ship. It happened at 5:45 each morning we were in a port (and 3:15 the final morning) which ended up being my wake up call. We chose this room because we had a friend traveling with us who used the 2nd room, but I'd never chose this room again. I'd go back to my midship (or even back of ship) where I prefer.

Well, as someone who has one of these rooms booked on the Equinox in April, that is a little frightening to hear. Maybe it won't be so bad because we will be one floor higher up - is the sound coming from underneath the room, or is the anchor right next to it?

Hi there, we were just on the Solstice two weeks ago and my sister has 8108. I am a little confused because she did not have a table and chairs in the main living space. In fact we specifically commented that the space was enormous and wasted. You could play floor hockey in the room, there was so much unused space. The only thing in the living room area was the couch/bed and small coffee table. When talking to the Hotel Manager (not complaining, just chatting at the poker table) he agreed that the cabin had an unusual use of the space and that the living area felt too empty. Honestly, we just didn't understand why they made the decision to leave the room feeling so empty. We booked another cruise for next November and she chose to book two connected C1 cabins on the back of the ship, rather than go with the FV.

Just our thoughts on the cabin.

P.S. we loved the Solstice (favorite ship we've been on).

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder why they removed the table from the room. I was in that room in July 2009. I was also in one of the family cabins (7108) on the Eclipse in July of this year and there was much larger table in the room. I have booked 8108 on the Solstice again for a cruise in 2011 and will be very disappointed if there is not a dining table in the room. Thanks for the info.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Ah! How was it? We have that exact room for the 11/4 sailing. What did you use the table for--breakfasts? Did the lack of a TV in the bedroom bother you at all? Was the balcony usable or too windy? Foot stools out there?

We got a great deal on this cabin, but now sky suites are available at great prices also. But they would cost us $600 more pp. I just can't see giving up all that square footage and paying more--but they are as cheap as I have ever seen them for a 12 day cruise. So far I have resisted changing but if they keep popping up I may get overly tempted!

Archived