Getting married, Can't Decide RCCI or Princess???

Jessica_2020

Me and my fiancee' just got back from our first cruise on the Norwegian STar to the Mexican Riviera and we got engaged..now we want to get married on a cruise ship and plan to get married in Jan or Feb 2006 (Western Caribbean Itinerary) but we can't decide on Princess or RCCI...to me RCCI sounds like a funner time...but Princess sounds like a better wedding...I'm so torn between the two! I would love to hear some opinions on how your wedding went on Princess or RCCI????

Did everybody wear a traditional wedding dress???? Did you get married on the ship or in one of the ports??? Was it a good experience??? Was it easy to plan?

We're getting married on the Star princess on Dec 7th and will give you the details afterword. I can say that Princess really caters to their wedding groups. Treating like royalty already and we're not even on the boat yet!

We are getting married on the Caribbean Princess July 4, 2005. We are also doing the Western itinerary. I am sorry I can't help you out on who to go with, but I can say that Princess deffinately does make you feel like you are special without even getting on the ship. They try their hardest to make your dreams for this day come true. We are getting married on the ship while at sea and I am wearing a traditional wedding dress. Good luck with your choices.:p

I have arranged several weddings at sea for all different aged couples. After speaking to the couples on their return, it seemed that people were by far more impressed with Princess. You do have to take into consideration what type of wedding you want ie: at sea , in port etc, how many guests, what the guests ages are etc. Both are very nice lines though.

Alicia

I have cruised on both Princess and Royal Carribbean, and the lines are very similar for the average cruise passenger. For someone getting married, I would say to go with Princess - all the wedding couples on the first sea day(which was also the first formal night) seemed to be having a blast, plus many kept their wedding clothes on for the evening and it was fun for the rest of the pax to see them! My inlaws even encountered a couple who were lost on their way to the wedding chapel - priceless!

• 1 month later...

We got married in August on the Carribean Princess, at sea. Our wedding was beautiful. The planning was low stress. Pictures were wonderful and extras were well worth the money. Please email me directly, if you would like to see some pictures. We also had lots of people watch on the web cam--people really liked that...

Kelley & Jason Dickerson

kelleydickerson@hotmail.com

Archived