When is the best time of the year to snorkel the caribbean?

I have been snorkeling in Cozumel in March, April, May, November and December. The only bad experiances were in April during and the day after a storm. Lots of jellyfish and particulates in the water.

I dove in St. Thomas in March and and snorkeled in Trunk Bay, St. John in December both were good. I found out after that the snorkeling in Cinnamon and Maho Bays is better.

The snorkeling in Half Moon Cay and Grand Turk in March was bad, I didn't see a thing. The visibility was not the problem, there was nothing in the water. Wish I knew what beach I was taken to on Grand Turk. I just asked the cab driver to take me to the best snorkeling beach. Apparently he didn't know what I wanted.

Payne's Beach/Bay in Barbados is where they feed the turtles, I was there in December. Not sure if there are any reefs or wrecks near there, we weren't there long enough for me to find out. The turtles come there to be fed by the boats. Sandy area, without the feeding, there would be nothing there to see.

Cockleshell beach in St. Kitts in December had excellent visibility, I saw 30+ lobsters crawling around 1 rock and 2 eels, nothing else there but starfish.

Long Bay on Antigua had starfish and hermit crabs in December, not much else. Out by the reef the water was too shallow to make snorkeling safe.

Archived