Question on future booking

Gina477

So lemme see how to explain this...

I am planning on booking in late August a 5 day on the Destiny. I am most likely going with DH and the kids, which we are all past guests.

My co-worker is interested in joining us, she is a family of 5. So I was doing some research and figured if she booked a balcony, it would be roomy enough for her needs.

She tells me this morning that her mom and sister is also interested in going.

So, I have a couple of questions, can my co-worker book a Balcony room for 5 (kids age 9, 6 & 1) and will it be roomy enough.

Can I use a couple of my past guests in their booking so they can get the past guest rates? I will probably be in charge of booking the whole thing because it's all new to my co-worker.

Thank you for all your replies!!

Gina

So lemme see how to explain this...

I am planning on booking in late August a 5 day on the Destiny. I am most likely going with DH and the kids, which we are all past guests.

My co-worker is interested in joining us, she is a family of 5. So I was doing some research and figured if she booked a balcony, it would be roomy enough for her needs.

She tells me this morning that her mom and sister is also interested in going.

So, I have a couple of questions, can my co-worker book a Balcony room for 5 (kids age 9, 6 & 1) and will it be roomy enough.

Can I use a couple of my past guests in their booking so they can get the past guest rates? I will probably be in charge of booking the whole thing because it's all new to my co-worker.

Thank you for all your replies!!

Gina

Gina,

You'll just need one past guest per booking to get past guest rates. Placing one of your family in each of the other rooms will do the trick. Easy to switch back once you're on board by stopping by pursers' desk.

ps, We've done five in one room and we did OK.

Thanks Paul! I didn't know that you can switch the names in the cabins once you're on board!

Another question, does my co-worker have to pay for the 1 year old? She will be turning 1 in August. At the time of booking she will only be 6 months old.

Thanks again!

Gina

Thanks Paul! I didn't know that you can switch the names in the cabins once you're on board!

Another question, does my co-worker have to pay for the 1 year old? She will be turning 1 in August. At the time of booking she will only be 6 months old.

Thanks again!

Gina

Gina,

You're welcome.

Yes, she has to pay. All prices are the same regardless of age.

Gina - As stated, you'll need to book one of your Past Guest family in the additional rooms to gest the Past Guest Rate; be careful, as kids below a certain age (18 I believe) reportedly don't count as Past Guests so you might not be able to use them to book added rooms. All you have to do is visit Purser on boarding and change everyone around. Also as stated, the baby counts as a paying guest, altho the baby should be less expensive as a 3rd, 4th, 5th passenger in a room. Also the gratuities apply to all passengers, including kids and babies, but that's a Forum discussion to be avoided!!!! ken

Thanks Paul and Ken!

I actually had a similar situation last year. I had cruised the year before (2007) with my 2 daughters. Last year, my husband and 3 younger children were going to join us, but, they weren't past guests. So I booked one room and added my daughter (who was 14 at the time) in the second room and received the discount.

Let's see how it works out this year. Hopefully it will be ok. :)

Gina

Gina - As stated, you'll need to book one of your Past Guest family in the additional rooms to gest the Past Guest Rate; be careful, as kids below a certain age (18 I believe) reportedly don't count as Past Guests so you might not be able to use them to book added rooms. All you have to do is visit Purser on boarding and change everyone around. Also as stated, the baby counts as a paying guest, altho the baby should be less expensive as a 3rd, 4th, 5th passenger in a room. Also the gratuities apply to all passengers, including kids and babies, but that's a Forum discussion to be avoided!!!! ken

Ken,

I used my boys for pg discount for family members this past summer.

Archived