How to know which pier???

JSQ01

How do I know if we are leaving from the OSJ pier or the Pan Am pier? We are on the Grandeur repositioning cruise out of San Juan on April 25th. The booking just says "San Juan".

Thanks, in advance, for the help!

How do I know if we are leaving from the OSJ pier or the Pan Am pier? We are on the Grandeur repositioning cruise out of San Juan on April 25th. The booking just says "San Juan".

Thanks, in advance, for the help!

You will be at the Pan Am pier.

There used to be a website that would tell you, but it hasn't been updated yet for 2009.

But this year the RCCL continues to embark/debark at Pan Am.

Does this also apply to RCCL ships that arrive for the day out of Miami? I thought we would be right near OSJ to be able to just walk around if we didn't want to do a planned excursion.

No, you will be within walking distance to OSJ. Just the RCI ships that begin and end their journeys in San Juan use the Pan American Pier.

Does this also apply to RCCL ships that arrive for the day out of Miami? I thought we would be right near OSJ to be able to just walk around if we didn't want to do a planned excursion.

What RCCL ship will you be on and what day will you be in SJ? Just curious.

Thanks. At least I will know which port to go to. My pass says to proceed to the VIP check-in area so that's why I was wondering.

When you go up the escalator in the terminal, there is a sign for the VIP'S, & they will guide you to a small office where you will check in at. We got to the port at 11:30 & they started letting VIP'S board at 12:30 & we were on the ship drinking a beer at 12:45. Pretty slick.

When you go up the escalator in the terminal, there is a sign for the VIP'S, & they will guide you to a small office where you will check in at. We got to the port at 11:30 & they started letting VIP'S board at 12:30 & we were on the ship drinking a beer at 12:45. Pretty slick.

Thanks for the reply! So even though the boat doesn't sail 'til 10:00 p.m. we can still board as early asr 12:30 p.m.? That sounds great especially the part about the nice cold beer!!:)

• 2 weeks later...

There used to be a website that would tell you, but it hasn't been updated yet for 2009.

Do you know where Princess docks???????????

Hal253

Do you know where Princess docks?????????????????

Hal253

Do you know where Princess docks?????????????????

Hal253

This year Caribbean Princess has typically been using the Pan Am Pier. A couple of times it's ended up at the Navy Frontier Pier which is between Old San Juan and the Pan Am Pier. Most likely you will be at the Pan Am Pier, but you should check your cruise personalizer to verify that.

This year Caribbean Princess has typically been using the Pan Am Pier. A couple of times it's ended up at the Navy Frontier Pier which is between Old San Juan and the Pan Am Pier. Most likely you will be at the Pan Am Pier, but you should check your cruise personalizer to verify that.

Thanks a lot.

Hal253

Does anyone know what pier the Celebrity Solstice docks at for the day. We arrive on Tue 3/24 at 2:00 pm and leave at 10:00 pm. My DH is not able to walk long distances, so I was wondering if we will be close enough to Old San Juan to leave the ship and just look around on our own or should I plan on an excursion. Is there a shuttle on the pier to the terminal bldg?

Celebrity Solstice is usually at Pier 3 in Old San Juan (across from the Sheraton OSJ) but occasionally at Pier 4 right next door.

Yes.

I think your best bet is: when you get off the ship, there will be lots of tour buses, waiting to take you places- rain forest, bacardi, a SJ/OSJ tour etc. They will have the bus closeby. Or pre-plan a ship excursion.

You could always try to get on the trolley- but at the time you get off the ship, so do about 2000 of your shipmates, so the trolleys are full. OSJ is great, but it is a walking city.

If your DH can balance- try the Segways. Great fun and you get to see a lot of OSJ without the effort! There are also horse and carriage rides.

Since you are in on a Tuesday- get up to Fort san Cristobal at about 5pm, look around, then at 6pm, at free show Le Lo Lai starts. Music and dancing. Nice!

If your DH can walk some, you can head west- just a short distance and stop into Don Q for free drinks. Then next door to the PR Tourism Company for another free drink or two...

Then continue along the flat road to Paseo de Princesa, where there is a free art exhibit-"the earth from above". Beautiful.

There is lots to do- just take your time, and explore!

No, you will be within walking distance to OSJ. Just the RCI ships that begin and end their journeys in San Juan use the Pan American Pier.

What about originating in San Juan but ending in Norfolk? (Repo cruise) I assume it's still the Pan Am pier?

Archived