San Juan Liquor Store?

Sea Legs

Several years ago when I sailed out of San Juan, there was liquor store within walking distance of the Sheraton. (it was the Wyndam back then). Does anyone know if it's still there?

We actually shopped at the liquor store right at the port. Extremely good prices to. It is in the same building.

In the liquor store right at the port, they sell a lot of rums. Very little selection in white or red wine. I regretted waiting to buying at that time. We had several days in Puerto Rico, diving and snorkeling all over PR and should've stopped in some liquor stores.

Unless you are a rum lover, try to buy wine elsewhere.

In the liquor store right at the port, they sell a lot of rums. Very little selection in white or red wine. I regretted waiting to buying at that time. We had several days in Puerto Rico, diving and snorkeling all over PR and should've stopped in some liquor stores.

What about champaign and other liquor? Do they sell beer? Do they sell sweet liquors?

Thanks!

What about champaign and other liquor? Do they sell beer? Do they sell sweet liquors?

Thanks!

They sell a few bottles of champagne, I have purchased Moet & Chandon for around $35. They also sell a wide variety of liquors. Pretty much the same as what you can buy on the ship.

No beer.

Leave room in your carry on for purchases in the second floor duty free liquor. While you wait to board, the store has a liquor tasting. (A great way to pass the time.) The liquor store will pack it in your carry on and the security will not evey blink when it passes through the x-ray.

This is the bar we setup from the duty free shop on the Destiny last April:

2313565070098903857S500x500Q85.jpg

How late is the liquor store in the port area open? We are in San Juan from 5 to midnight.

I thought that the hours would be on the flyer that they gave us while we were waiting to board but it was not. We bought our supply while we were waiting.

I would guess that they would be open as long as a ship was in port. I remember that they were still open when we came back from Old San Juan later in the afternoon (probably around 6:00 or so).

Examples of the prices from April 08 is a liter of Bacardi rum $9.95, liter Dewars White Label $16.95, and liter of Smirnoff $7.95.

Several years ago when I sailed out of San Juan, there was liquor store within walking distance of the Sheraton. (it was the Wyndam back then). Does anyone know if it's still there?

does not matter if it is there or not, there is a great place to buy liquor right at the pier. They have great deals but you might need to carry your liquor purchase to the ship yourself. You can sample some of the liquor at the entrance to the liquor store which is located on the second floor. It is a great place to purchase liquor or other special items for men and women. Great sales. jw

If you do buy rum make sure you get the coconut spiced rum, it is really good and a great mixer. jw

Hello my thristy friend! There are 5 liquor stores in Old San Juan now. One is near port #4 at the Trolley stop nearest the bay (next to the apts building west of the Sheraton). Then there is one next to Starbucks on Arturo Somoano square, then two on Plaza Colon and then theres the Supermarket called SUPERMAX on Plaza de Armas where City Hall is. Don't ask me why I know where they all are! ha ha! :D

Hello my thristy friend! There are 5 liquor stores in Old San Juan now. One is near port #4 at the Trolley stop nearest the bay (next to the apts building west of the Sheraton). Then there is one next to Starbucks on Arturo Somoano square, then two on Plaza Colon and then theres the Supermarket called SUPERMAX on Plaza de Armas where City Hall is. Don't ask me why I know where they all are! ha ha! :D

Do you know how late they are open? We are there from 5 - midnight. I am hoping if I get off the ship right away I can make it to the liquor stores for some good deals before they close.

Does anyone know if there is a liquor store at the Pan America pier that the Caribbean Princess uses?

Also, I've heard differing reports regarding the "leniency" for carrying on wine, beer or liquor.

Any recent experiences at this particular pier?

I would just purchase in the duty free shop at the Pan Am pier. That's the great thing about Princess...you almost feel like you have to purchase the liquor. It's after you check in but before you go through security and walk on the ship. I've just put what I purchase in my carry on/back pack and there were no issues at all.

Oh, an don't forget to sample some of the free shots!:)

Anyone know what thew Sunday hours for SuperMax are? Is liquor available during these hours? :rolleyes:

Thanks!

Archived