Half Moon Cay Cabanas

mzche1999

For those who have gone to HMC, are the cabanas worth it with small kids? Hubby and I are taking our small boys (6 and 3) and will need to be with them while they are in the water. Should we just stay on the beach or is the cabana worth it for "rest" time?

Hugs,

Chelle

We are heading there in a few weeks and was wondering the same thing. I hope you get a reply soon. I did read in a different spot on the boards that they were great when the weather is hot. I will try to find the post that talked about it.

Found one of the links. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=896043

Look under Ports of Call- Private Islands for more info

We went last year with our 6 year old DD and 3 year old DS. The cabana was so worth it! We spent the entire day on the island. Started out by checking out the cabana and then hit the water. They provided fruit, chips/salsa and cold drinks right away. (if they don't walk you to your cabana and show you around - there is a refrigerator inside the back cabinet - took us a while to find it) Also floating mats and snorkeling equipment. We took the floating mats out into the water most of the day. Lunch break - we went to the lunch building - directly behind the cabana, got our food and brought it back to the cabana, where we sat at a table inside with a/c. It was a nice break. Then the kids were tired, so we had them take naps on the lounge chairs and put towels over them for sun protection. (lounge chairs weren't shaded - they were on porch of the cabana) we sat inside and rested. After rest time we had fruit, and back to the water again. Back to the cabana - outside shower so we washed up and grabbed one more cold drink. We were on the last tender back. Without the nap time they would have never lasted the entire day. It was a perfect day. I would get a cabana again for sure, especially with kids.

Archived