Communicating with Excursion Companies

Forestlaker

I have contacted a number of excursion companies in Belize and found the communication to be poor. Some don't respond at all and some take days to respond to an email. I would think if they have an Internet website and they show an online registration or email address that they would be quick in returning inquires. However, quickness has not been my experience with them. I am currently waiting to hear back from an attempted registration with Sea Sports Belize and wonder if I need to move on to another company or just book with NCL.

You might try Nacho Quan of NCQ Belize. I recommend him most highly.

In the months before our trip, Nacho helped plan our itinerary: he is VERY available to guests (skype and email), has driving distances and entry fees at his fingertips, and lots of good ideas and recommendations. He provided us with easy, detailed instructions for meeting him.

I have contacted a number of excursion companies in Belize and found the communication to be poor. Some don't respond at all and some take days to respond to an email. I would think if they have an Internet website and they show an online registration or email address that they would be quick in returning inquires. However, quickness has not been my experience with them. I am currently waiting to hear back from an attempted registration with Sea Sports Belize and wonder if I need to move on to another company or just book with NCL.

I think we sometimes forget that the world is different in a developing 3rd world nation/country, such as Belize. While internet is more reliable in Belize than it is in Guatemala, it's still not a solid as it is here in the US. Give the companies a couple of days to answer before freaking out. They don't sit at their computers all day like many of us do.

Also, our favorite tour guide in Belize is a man named Maurice who has live there all of his life (back when it was British Honduras). His email is adventurebzetours@yahoo.com and he is very good, but give him a couple of days to respond as well. He only takes small groups of 6 (7 if you're skinny) in his brand new minivan. He's very proud of his country. It depends on the type of tour you want, but if you want to see the ruins, howling monkeys, huge orange iguanas, Old Belize, the Belize Zoo, etc, he's a fantastic guide for all that.

• 3 weeks later...
You might try Nacho Quan of NCQ Belize. I recommend him most highly.

In the months before our trip, Nacho helped plan our itinerary: he is VERY available to guests (skype and email), has driving distances and entry fees at his fingertips, and lots of good ideas and recommendations. He provided us with easy, detailed instructions for meeting him.

I agree, our day was wonderful with Nacho. You might also want to make sure you have no signatures etc. on your e-mail. I do remember Nacho talking about how inconsistent the internet companies were. Here is his web site: http://www.ncqadventuretours.com/tours.htm

I'll give you another company to check into, we have used Belizean Sun Tours http://www.belizeansun.com/ twice before in 2004 and 2006 and have booked again with them for this coming April. Ken Dart is the owner, originally from Colorado (I think) and now lives in Belize. We've done the Ruins in 04 and cave tubing in 06, had a great time with wonderful guides both times. If you email him he will get back fairly quickly and will arrange a private tour to your liking.

Archived