Crew not allowed passenger emails?

RLM77

AHHH!!! A real crew member. Would you agree James (assuming you've been on the ships awhile) that the old rule was "don't ask - don't tell"? regarding passenger and crew or officer "relations". Did they not always just look the other way?

As far as the validity of the rule, simply go to celebritycruises.com and search "crew interaction"

If you mean more then just hellos and talking and things that go on in peoples cabins then no they don't turn a blind eye. You will be fired and they are not kidding!

If you mean more then just hellos and talking and things that go on in peoples cabins then no they don't turn a blind eye. You will be fired and they are not kidding!

PRECISELY...fired on the spot, contract cancelled and disembarked at next port. Seen it firsthand.

:eek:

But that never USED to be the case....I have been cruising since 76. Up until a few years ago, I never noticed anyone being concerned with what consenting adults do on board. Now it's an issue. And now the crew is so concerned that they may be accused of being "too friendly", they are more distant, unless they are talking to a couple.:rolleyes: Still say stupid rule.

PRECISELY...fired on the spot, contract cancelled and disembarked at next port. Seen it firsthand.

:eek:

But that never USED to be the case....I have been cruising since 76. Up until a few years ago, I never noticed anyone being concerned with what consenting adults do on board. Now it's an issue. And now the crew is so concerned that they may be accused of being "too friendly", they are more distant, unless they are talking to a couple.:rolleyes: Still say stupid rule.

lol true. I think there is probably a VERY long list of things people use to get away with on cruise ships in 76 but can't now!

You know what I just realized...cruise lines obviously come to CC once in a while, and they probably even read the Shipboard Love Stories forum too. Maybe that's why they came up with these rules. Go in there and read some of the crap people are willing to talk about online and you'll know what I mean.

lol true. I think there is probably a VERY long list of things people use to get away with on cruise ships in 76 but can't now!

Even in the late '90's... on my last 2 cruises there were all sorts of passenger-crew 'activities' going on... They were very strict on the dress code though....

You know what I just realized...cruise lines obviously come to CC once in a while, and they probably even read the Shipboard Love Stories forum too. Maybe that's why they came up with these rules. Go in there and read some of the crap people are willing to talk about online and you'll know what I mean.

Where can i find this shipboard love story forum and do i have to be registered to read this?!

Thanks!

HOLY COW!!! THIS IS GOING TO BE SOME FUN READING!!!!

:D

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=189

I just read a few posts on that board, and decided I would prefer not knowing what really takes place between the crew and some passengers.

However, I do have a better understanding of why the crew are no longer allowed to correspond with passengers via e-mail.

You cannot email crew on a work email address, but nothing to stop them using their own private email address such as hotmail

Like live on shore!

Not much different!

If you would like to have contact with someone/ keep the contact than you are going to write.

If not, than not!

I just read a few posts on that board, and decided I would prefer not knowing what really takes place between the crew and some passengers.

However, I do have a better understanding of why the crew are no longer allowed to correspond with passengers via e-mail.

I looked at the titles the other night and turned around very quickly. Yikes!:eek:

I looked at the titles the other night and turned around very quickly. Yikes!:eek:

You should have read the threads.

The dirty information was inside(foully games of the personal,etc.)!

There was only one story of a couple that met on a ship and married, he was a solder.

You should have read the threads.

The dirty information was inside(foully games of the personal,etc.)!

There was only one story of a couple that met on a ship and married, he was a solder.

Hi cvaty :)

After reading a few posts from that board, I have a better understanding of that old expression "people respect you for what they don't know about you"...LOL :)

I found this board /thread to be very stating.

Some people are a bit egoistic and selfish.

It can be a bad image for the men who are working in this business, to cruising and the company.

OFF TOPIC.

Happy Valentines day cruise critic members,

Very romantic cruises, as well time period and love confessions!

Archived