Carnival Destiny pool & dinner question

Auggie11

OK, is the big blue & yellow pool with the 2 hot tubs only for adults? Or is there another pool/hot tub for adults only? Which pools & hot tubs (other than the big slide) can the kids use and where are they located? My kids are too old for the kiddie/wading pool, but young enough where they probably would annoy all those "adult only"......adults (We have 3 boys, 10, 9 & 7)!:confused:

Also, since we have kids, I'm sure some nights we will not be going to the formal dining room at all.Is that a problem if we do not show up? Do we need to notify anyone?

Yes the blue and yellow pool with the 2 hot tubs in the aft of the ship are adults only. I have to say I never saw any children trying to get in there. There are 2 other pools, one is at base of the water slide, the other is in the lido deck area.

Dinner: You do not have to let anyone know if you are going to dining room or not. First night we opted to watch the sunset from our balcony. We had a 6pm seating and sunset was at 6:12. No problems with wait staff what so ever if you dined elsewhere.

, since we have kids, I'm sure some nights we will not be going to the formal dining room at all.Is that a problem if we do not show up? Do we need to notify anyone?

I think it is polite to let the waiter know ahead of time if you are not going to be at dinner, not so much when you have a table of your own but when you are dining with other people at the larger tables. I know we wait for the other parties to get to the table before ordering, beside the dinner courses coming much smoother, I guess i was just raised for everyone to be at the table before eating.

If I dont go to the dining room, it is a last minute decision. Sometimes napping or dont feel like getting dressed, so there is no way to notify them that I am not coming. How would you handle that?

i would wait for awhile to make sure you were not go to just be late, then go ahead and order.

Things happen sometimes but the OP was speaking of formal night, she would know in advance.

About dinner....we just got off the the Triumph and we did take our kids to the dining room almost every night. But as the week wore on, we stopped fighting it and let them eat dinner at Camp Carnival with their friends. This made dinner for us very relaxing. And it also made the kids happy...lol. So keep in mind that they can eat at CC and you can eat in the dining room if you want. There is no doubt the food is better in the DR and worth the trip. And the desserts are sooooo much better in the dining room.

Archived