First time cruiser - hooked!

ryansmama

That happened to us a couple years ago. Leaving for our third tomorrow, and have the fourth booked for Jan 2010. It is truly an addiction. I wish I would have discovered cruising sooner. So yeah, the only cure is to plan your next one.

Please tell me I'm not alone. Just got off the Glory 2 weeks ago...and even before I got off the ship I was dreaming of the next cruise. I want to book another one, but we just got back - hubby would never go for it :rolleyes:.

smiley-happy112.gif

If you book a new cruise within the 60 days you disembarked, you not only get all the deals going on, but also get a $50 OBC. May be that will help get you booked again! Welcome to the addiction.:cool:

Silly question!! If you have read anything at all on this site then you should know we are all "hooked"!! :D

My bags aren't even completely unpacked and I'm looking for the next. Some here have multiples booked at the same time.

Welcome to our world!

Please tell me I'm not alone. Just got off the Glory 2 weeks ago...and even before I got off the ship I was dreaming of the next cruise. I want to book another one, but we just got back - hubby would never go for it :rolleyes:.

You are not alone!!!;)

We are first time cruisers and I know the same thing is going to happen to us...so I am already looking into booking another cruise for our 10 year anniversary later this year...;)

You are now a member of a large group of cruise lovers...............welcome aboard.:D We just got off our 3rd cruise - planning an Oct. one if all goes well.

smiley-happy112.gif

If you book a new cruise within the 60 days you disembarked, you not only get all the deals going on, but also get a $50 OBC. May be that will help get you booked again! Welcome to the addiction.:cool:

I have not heard of this before can you share more info on it

I was on the same cruise as you were and we are already looking for another cruise. The sooner the better!! This was also our first cruise and I can't believe we waited so long to try it out! You are NOT crazy!!!

Many of us became addicts with our first cruise (or hit in crack). I remember a gentleman telling me that crack was so addictive that he was hooked on the first puff and 6 months later he had lost everything, from executive to broke in 6 months.

Now we are not as bad, but for me that first morning at sea, hooked me forever. I'm aware of the fact that I will be getting off the boat as soon as I get on it. I am looking at cabins for future trips as I walk the corridors. I have even been know to visit this site while on board.

I suffer from a bad case of SAD every winter and have been down for almost 3 months now, but today I booked my next trip in April and all day long I have felt better (I got my hit of crack).

To me there is nothing better than getting up in the morning, have coffee on the balcony, wander up to get some breakfast, sneak a bloody mary after I eat, put on the swim suit, find a chair, enjoy the buzz, sleep a little, plan lunch, eat, sleep, plan dinner, eat, go to a show, eat a snack, have a night cap and repeat the same thing the next day, now that is living to me.

Sloth and gluttony are my friends, on a ship all I do is feed myself, bath myself, put my clothes on and work at doing nothing at all.

Hooked, heck yeah. 67 days but who is counting.

Many of us became addicts with our first cruise (or hit in crack). I remember a gentleman telling me that crack was so addictive that he was hooked on the first puff and 6 months later he had lost everything, from executive to broke in 6 months.

Now we are not as bad, but for me that first morning at sea, hooked me forever. I'm aware of the fact that I will be getting off the boat as soon as I get on it. I am looking at cabins for future trips as I walk the corridors. I have even been know to visit this site while on board.

I suffer from a bad case of SAD every winter and have been down for almost 3 months now, but today I booked my next trip in April and all day long I have felt better (I got my hit of crack).

To me there is nothing better than getting up in the morning, have coffee on the balcony, wander up to get some breakfast, sneak a bloody mary after I eat, put on the swim suit, find a chair, enjoy the buzz, sleep a little, plan lunch, eat, sleep, plan dinner, eat, go to a show, eat a snack, have a night cap and repeat the same thing the next day, now that is living to me.

Sloth and gluttony are my friends, on a ship all I do is feed myself, bath myself, put my clothes on and work at doing nothing at all.

Hooked, heck yeah. 67 days but who is counting.

Couldn't have said it better myself. !!!!!! I'm into the sloth & gluttony big time.......:p

LOL - no you are not alone! We took our first cruise in September 06 and just came back from cruise number 6! You will become obsessed - surfing the boards here all the time, looking for the next cruise deal or great itinerary, watching every cruising tv show - even for the 10th time! It's a great addiction!:p

OP - I understand the husband thing! I'm constantly looking for cruises and read CC but DH won't hear of it right now! We've had 2 great cruises in the last 2 summers costing over 15G each so we're staying on land for this summer anyway. Except, I'm getting to be a chaperone on my son's senior trip cruise. Yippeeee! Anything to cruise!

Hey...I AM the husband...and honestly I was totally against our first cruise. I just didn't think it'd be THAT great. But I reluctantly went along...and I have been the one dragging my wife back...every year...as much as twice a year...ever since!

My only...slight warning to you though...is No Cruise is quite like the first cruise! You know, its just so new, and such a different kind of experience....that seems to make it extra, extra special; however, every cruise since...has still been a blast! And in fact...we've done some that probably really rival..that first cruise!

Oh, and we have constantly have had AT least a cruise booked...(to look forward to)...for about 6 years straight now!

I do want to say that before my first cruise, I was looking for a way out.

I did not think I would like it at all. I think it took me maybe two hours or less before I decided this is a pretty good thing. I think I waited to tell my wife for at least 4 hours or at dinner that I loved it and wanted to go on another.

Im sure most of us DH's try to avoid the dreaded "I told you so honey".

Oh well she was right ( and yes I admit it) and we will be getting on our next cruise in 40 days, which is number 4.

She is planning our 25th anniversary in 3 years. Looks like a cruise to Hawaii.

Hooked big time.

Just took our first cruise last July on Disney Wonder. We are hooked! My husband and I have one booked this coming June - Carnival Conquest and we have booked Oasis of the Seas for the whole family in June 2010! I'm online all the time pricing cruises trying to figure out what I can "pull off" financially! LOL!!!

I was on the Liberty the same time as OP was on the Glory. When I got back home and on the computer. I was already looking for the next one that night still haven't scheduled one but there are a few that I am watching the rates for in Sept or Oct I am hooked this was our 4th cruise and the last one that I took was in Sept during hurricane season with Hannah and Ike around the whole time we were on the cruise. So Jan was a really nice time to get out of the cold and the ice storm I missed

We were on the same cruise you were and I agree-it is an addiction! We went with my sister(Redpelican) and her DH(it was their first also)and now they are hooked. My DH was not at all for it either at first. We discovered if you plan early you can get really good rates and pay them off slowly. We have two more scheduled for this year--just happened that way. I am looking at 2010 cruises now as well. We also enjoy the pampering, and just relaxing you can do on the ship. Welcome to our group!:)

We were on the same cruise you were and I agree-it is an addiction! We went with my sister(Redpelican) and her DH(it was their first also)and now they are hooked. My DH was not at all for it either at first. We discovered if you plan early you can get really good rates and pay them off slowly. We have two more scheduled for this year--just happened that way. I am looking at 2010 cruises now as well. We also enjoy the pampering, and just relaxing you can do on the ship. Welcome to our group!:)

Hi there Gweedo- We live just up the road from you in Boonville! and yes we are addicts also. Looking forward to #19 next January! Just can't decide which ship yet. Jean and Mike

Hi there Gweedo- We live just up the road from you in Boonville! and yes we are addicts also. Looking forward to #19 next January! Just can't decide which ship yet. Jean and Mike

Hi I work in Prairie Home so I am closer than it seems. We are getting ready for a Disney cruise with the grandsons in April. Our address is California but we actually live closer to Mc Girk. I hope we can make it to #19!!:)

Nope- definitely not crazy and not alone. My bags aren't even packed yet for our cruise on Sunday and I booked another one last night- just because I was afraid of getting off the ship and being very depressed because I didn't have another one to look forward to. I have done the all-inclusive resort thing a few times, but it just doesn't compare to cruising. I am a "lifer". Hey- from reading all the above posts looks like we are in good company :D.

Archived