How Far is Megans Bay from Pier?

WeWant2Cruise4Ever

I think it is about 20-25 minutes, but you often hacve to wait for the cab to fill, so add on another 10-15 and you will get 40.

I am not a fan of Magen's Bay.... if you have the time and a beach is your first priority, then I would head to St. John.

i think magen's bay is definitely worth it, and i'm not sure it really takes that long to get there, especially if you leave at a peak time and the cab fills quickly. i think coki beach is very small and can get unpleasantly crowded. magen's bay is a must if you've never been. let me know if you need pictures, i've been to st. thomas about ten times...

I agree with the other poster, skip Magens and head to St. John.

Take a cab to Red Hook. About 8 bucks a person

Board the Ferry to St. John, leaves on the hour every hour. About 10 bucks round trip.Take taxi to Trunk Bay, 3 bucks per person each way, and the park charges a 3 or 4 dollar entrance fee. Sounds a little pricey but it is beautiful. I also recommend bringing a padlock for the lockers at the beach for your camera, valuables, etc while you swim.

Greg

WWW.***** has a ton of info about St Thomas/St John, including a map of St Thomas at http://www.*****/stthomas/map_stthomas/ and an excellent beach guide http://www.*****/stthomas/beaches_stt/.

The "Transportation" section offers public transportation schedules, including ferrys, and taxi fares. The rate from Charlotte Amalie to Magens Point Hotel is ~$6.00 p/p for two.

We went to Magens Bay last year and it was a big disappointment. It is advertised as the most beautiful beach. I beg to differ. We have nicer beaches in New England. Yes, the view gazing down into the beach from up above is nice but once you get down to beach level it is just a beach, and not a very nice one at that. I agree, head to St Johns.

Just my humble opinion.

Marcia

Just got back from St. thomas..went to Coki Beach this time, it's nice and lots of fish around the rocks in the water. It's about a 20 minute ride and you need to go early. It starts to get crowded around 1100, so we went back to ship about 1130, had lunch ,then went shopping....Have fun...Dennis

We went to Magen's Bay in August and loved it. The water was calm and warm and beautiful - lots of fish swimming around your feet. We also liked the shade trees and pavillion and the fresh water shower. It was an $8 cab ride from the ship, then another $3 to get in. It didn't get crowded at all. We caught a cab as soon as we got off of the ship - didn't seem to take long at all, and the cab driver was waiting for us when we were ready to return. He stopped twice along the way back for pictures. I would do it again in a heartbeat.

Have a wonderful time!:D

Archived