Cave tubing and zipling with Major Tom

charotarguy

We are to be in Belize on Carnival Valor in April and are taking the cave tubing and ziplining excursion with Major Tom, we have already booked with him. I booked the excursion after reading a lot of good reviews, but lately I have read a few not good reviews of him and thats making me nervous, also I am really apprehensive of the whole timing thing as well.

Can anybody who has taken the same excursion with Major Tom, let me know if they pick you up and drop off on time. We still have two more months to go and if there are time issues with both activities then we can drop one or can drop the whole thing and do something else. Any inputs will help us.

Thank you in advance.

Charotarguy

While I haven't done the tubing with Major Tom I really wouldn't be too concerned about them getting you back on time. All of these guys depend on reviews for business and a missed ship review would kill them. These guys all know each other would would assist if they needed help getting someone back on time (like a bus break down).

Two things I'd do on any independent tour group (not just in Belize):

1. Make sure your watch is set to your ships time and you know when you have to be back.

2. When you meet up with the tour guides tell them what time it is and what time you have to be back to your ship. Just make sure they know what time you have to be back according to their time.

Different ships (even within the same cruise line) can be on a different time when they arrive in Belize. Example: When we did cave tubing a couple of years ago we were on the Carnival Valor and another couple were on the Carnival Miracle. On the Valor we had set our clocks back one hour but the Miracle did not change theirs. That meant the couple on the Miracle had to be back an hour before we did. I'm not sure the tour guys realized this until I explained it to them. We got back in plenty of time, but because the pax from the Miracle had to be back an hour earlier we had to skip the local BBQ lunch.

FWIW, while I really liked our tour group (cave-tubing.com) I think I'd like to try Major Tom the next time from all the good reviews I've seen, unless something has changed.

John

John

I am booked with him, too, and I'm not worried about it. I posted on another thread an e-mail I received from him in which he stated he has never missed a ship. He also said he has back-up in the form of his own tender in case it did ever happen. The big majority of the posts have been very favorable.

We did both, it was no problem, MT wants to make sure you have time to shop too at the end if you want. Have a great time. I did a mini review in the cave tubing with MT thread if you want more detail. I think if you just do a google or yahoo search for major tom belize cave tubing you will get his website. We paid $95 each for the excursion combo, and tipped well.

Guys (Eliot Ness, VaTraveler, Valeri8806, swymnwymn1),

Thank you all for the information. I feel better now. Elliot Ness, I will definitely keep a check about the watch thing, I didn't know about it. VaTraveler, I read the email you posted by MT, that assures me that they will get us back on time. Valeri8806 - MT's website is www dot cave-tubing dot net.

Charotarguy

Archived