Group Booking?

dmk

I had booked an upcoming cruise directly with Celebrity. I, then, transferred it to a travel agent.

Now I understand that my reservation is included in a group that the agent has booked for the same sailing.

Will this have any consequences for me? If so what would they be?

Thanks!:)

It should have resulted in you getting cheaper rate and possibly more OBC than what you booked with Celebrity. If it did not then I fail to see why you would have transferred it.

I see your point. However, they did give me an onboard credit that worked out to be 15% or a bit more. I don't think one can expect more.

I booked my cruise on the day it came out and to this point it is the cheapest it has ever been before. I'd say the cruise is now up $1000. p.p. more. If it had gone, down my fare would have been adjusted as it has been in the past.

So I understand your point, but I don't think I could expect anything more.

You don't necessarily get a lower price for a group rate. Celebrity and RCCL do not give better rates for groups - they usually book them at the rate that is existing online at the time of the booking.

The rate CAN end up being lower if a TA books the group early enough that the prices go up after the group has been established.

What you do get with a group is amenities and a possible tour conductor.

Archived