Good rate for June to Seattle?

Infi

I've been having a lot of trouble finding a good rate to Seattle for my cruise in June. All of the airline sales end in May and skyrocket for June, as it's cruise season. I'm beginning to think this is hopeless. At this point, I'm really anxious to book because I'm worried the rates will only increase. Is this a correct assumption?

We are flying from FLL and are sailing with family (2 seniors) who will be coming in from Chicago (O'Hare). I have tried yapta, kayak, etc. but found them misleading as they don't include tax. Senior rates are almost non-existent. Here's the best I have found:

FLL - SEA: 316/pp

ORD - SEA: 363/pp

Is this good? What's the best I can hope for?

Thanks in advance for any insight!

Is this good? What's the best I can hope for?

Yes, those are pretty good fares. Over the last year, round-trip fares have averaged around the $400 mark between FLL and SEA. For a 3-day period, fares sunk to about $200 pp but it is difficult to say whether that level will return again in the near future. Unfortunately Seattle is not one of the cities currently used in farecast.com.

Good advice?

Well, they and others say that they are correct about 75% of the time--so that's worth noting. But, it doesn't hurt to do a little investigation on your own such as looking at the past trends on farecompare.com. Also, it's worth noting that their predictions are for the entire market and not for a specific flight. If there are just 1 or 2 flights that meet your needs, it may be useful to check out how many seats are still available by the fare buckets that you are interested in. If there are only a few seats remaining, you may want to discount their advice.

Archived