Decorate Door?

NYTammy

did it last year for oldest grandsons first cruise we gave him for his 13th bday. He loved it ! we had a ball doing it. And this cute little punkin that was down the hall, maybe 3 years old, asked if she could decorate her door too. So we gave her the left overs

• 3 weeks later...
Hi everyone!

I know some of you will think this is corny, but does anyone decorate the cabin doors? Im not sure if this is a thing of the past, or if people still do this?? (I dont want to be the only one):D

For those that do, can I have some ideas??

Thanks so much!

Tammy

On my last cruise I decorated my door. I also had pictures of myself and my grandchildren on the door; that way they didn't have to wonder which door to knock on when they came to my cabin.

We're doing a Christmas/New Year cruise and I'm hoping to decorate not only the door but the cabin as well. I would like to hang a wreath on the door. Does anyone know if the Over-the-door type of hangers will work on cabin doors?

I'm also hoping to find a small Christmas Tree, battery operated lights and other decorations for the cabin. Open for more ideas as well.

Thanks,

We're doing a Christmas/New Year cruise and I'm hoping to decorate not only the door but the cabin as well. I would like to hang a wreath on the door. Does anyone know if the Over-the-door type of hangers will work on cabin doors?

I'm also hoping to find a small Christmas Tree, battery operated lights and other decorations for the cabin. Open for more ideas as well.

Thanks,

I thought about hanging a reef also. I hope someone knows the answer to this question.

We were on a CC cruise on the Freedom and had a door decorating contest....A number of us decorated our doors and than we voted on who was the best.

Our door won :)

We printed out all of the license plates from the states the group was from and than added all the miles we would have travel if we picked up each person on the way to the port.

P1070652.jpg.039c8ac7424e4a0674e2c8daae8c93b8.jpg

On my last cruise, I put a birthday sign on the door and someone took the sign. I have decorated my door before on other cruises with no problems. Can't believe someone would take my sign.

That really sucks. A lady in our CC meet and greet last summer said that she had a little stuffed monkey she would hang from her mailbox and it kept getting relocated until she ended up sewing the hands together.

Hollyday,

Hello! We cruised over Christmas last year and I also wanted to make the cabin and doors festive...

I have a lot of Christmas decorations so it made it very easy.. I used a lot of flat items such as cardsand gift bags. I also took window clings that I used on the mirrors and I also took a couple of runners for the counters.. It was a lot of fun! Enjoy! attachment.php?attachmentid=163458&stc=1&d=1280113749attachment.php?attachmentid=163459&stc=1&d=1280113765

one.jpg.27e9b03760d00483e561d9201afa55db.jpg

two.jpg.7623616b2ce787cb73431140e3a8eeb4.jpg

Am I the only one who thinks this is really tacky and juvenile?

Not at all. I think its cute. They say it all can be removed and cleaned up so what's it hurt? There are much more tacky and juvenile things people on cruise ships can be doing.

I have never decorated the door, but have seen doors decorated. Now I'm thinking I will decorate the door for the Liberty this year - week before Christmas so maybe something Christmasy! Hmmmm....got my thinking cap on.

We were on a CC cruise on the Freedom and had a door decorating contest....A number of us decorated our doors and than we voted on who was the best.

Our door won :)

We printed out all of the license plates from the states the group was from and than added all the miles we would have travel if we picked up each person on the way to the port.

Cool idea...we are on the Inspiration the week before you.

Archived