Decorate Door?

NYTammy

Also, it helps to find your cabin when you have had a few too many. Your neighbors will also thank you, because your door becomes a landmark for them.:D

LOL! That was my theory too accept that I had used magnetic tape to secure the sign to the door. Well, some teens (I am assuming) came along one night and moved the sign a few doors down. Boy did that throw my 80 year old Dad for a loop!!

I walked up as he was cursing in good Southern fashion that his $#*!@& room card wouldn't work! :D Moved him 3 doors down and all was well.

So, yes, I always make a sign for our door(s). My upcoming cruise will be no exception.

Gina

• 3 weeks later...

Love these ideas!! We've been putting home-made posters on our doors for the last 6 cruises. Special occasion or not:) We had honeymooners tag along with us once (in the room next door:) and we decorated theirs to the hilt!! I use my photo program, make a collage of either cruises past or just silly stuff - I always include one of our pics of a Carnival ship in the collage and Voila!! Have one to many of those umbrella drinks and as long as you can find your deck... you can most likely find your door!!!

Beleive Maritime Law prohibits any other flags flown other than the flag the ship sails under and the logo flag of the cruise line. So hanging the canadian flag from your Balcony would probably be prohibited. Also believe coast guard regulations and cruise lines regualtions prohibit anything to be hung over or thrown over the ship. It it detacheds it becomes both an environmental and safety hazard . I won't be embarressed d but you might when the security comes knocking on your door to take it down and or impose a fine.

You are completely wrong. I have 29 flags that can be flown simultaneously from my sailboat. I can also fly the flag of ANY country. You need to understand the protocol of flying those flags. Someone flying the flag of another country from their balcony violates no maritime law nor coast guard regulation. There is a reason why, but rather than tell you, you should do some actual research before you start spouting off about laws and regulations. Carnival might tell you to take it down, but it doesn't violate any law.

P.S. I decorate my door too!

Planning on doing it next week on Freedom. 50th B.D. for for gals and I bought some Over the Hill, etc. decorations. If you don't use tape, what do you use?????:confused:

I use small magnetic tape strips. Magnet on one side, tape on the other and less $2 at Walmart for a whole package. If the door isn't metal, then I use poster tacky...kind of like silly putty. Sticks but doesn't damage.

Just finished our signs last night for our 2 cabins. This is cruise #7 and I have decorated my door every time. This year I am also bringing Halloween window clings for the balcony door.

Some decorate but you may also lose your decorations. I wouldn't use anything that I didnot mind losing. The folks in a cabin next to us on our last cruise decorated for a reunion and were real upset when someone stole their decorations-photos from their door.

When we cruised in August pieces of our door decoration were taken. :confused: It was disappointing. We're going on a Christmas cruise and wanted to hang a wreath but reconsidering unless I find a really inexpensive one so that it wouldn't break my heart if it got taken.

• 2 weeks later...
Do it if you want to, it's okay with me. All I said was, I've never seen it on any of my sailings, and would you do this to your hotel room door on land? What's the answer to that question?

And you can't be the arbiter of what is fun (or funny) if you post a picture of the UN-funniest comedian who ever lived.

Yes!! I have seen hotel doors decorated.....more then once. And it was done by the Holiday Inn on a trip. When the motor coach arrived, they had everyones names on their doors!! Everyone got the biggest kick out of it..they felt special!! I love the decorated doors on the ships and I do mine also....so everyone keep up the good work and for those that don't like...just close your eyes on the way by!!

Archived