Mercury...outside family cabin???

ffwife

We were in cabin 8265 (Family Ocean-view) last month. Loved the location, loved the almost-private deck area directly outside (on deck 8 not at all a high-traffic area). For 3 adults, it wasn't exactly spacious, but okay for the amount of time we spent there. Sliding door/screen between the 2 sleeping areas provided plenty of privacy. Vibration of ship-stabilizers was very noticable upon entering port in the morning! We were awakened early on port days, so if you like to sleep in this may not be the cabin for you. Otherwise, I highly recommend this cabin.

Drew

Thanks for sharing info. By early,do you mean being awaken prior to say 6:30 or 7:00am? That I could handle. Is there a main room, with a smaller second room? Am also looking for three adults. Are there comfy chairs to accomodate three, plenty of closet space, that sort of thing?

FFwife

My family sailed the Mercury inJune to Alaska. We had a family stateroom as well. I loved it. I loved the extra room and drawers. We had a family of five inside - no problem. The above reply is correct about the vibration. However, it is almost funny if you look at that way. We have the attitude that we are on a boat - we expect movement and whatnot. This is more than movement, though and it is ONLY when docking in port. We appreciated the wake up call actually. By the end of the week we would laugh early in the morning because we were all vibrating in our beds. It only lasts a few minutes, nothing horrible. I have read many post about this and was very concerned before we left. It's not worth moving rooms inmy opinion. These rooms have wonderful balconies just outside and are located just under the children's play area and you can climb the steps up the back end to the buffet. What's not to like. My family loved this boat, this trip, and even the comical vibration that reminded how fortunate we were to be able to take a cruise!

We sailed in a Family last December on the Mercury. We too loved the almost private deck out back. Lots of room for 2 adults and a teen. However the bed is a double so I ended sleeping on one of the single couches most nights.

Bring a hair dryer the one in the bathroom is not very powerful. Also bring a power strip. There is only one outlet in the bathroom for a shaver and only two on the vanity in the bedroom.

We liked the room and storage however the vibrations were a major problem. One morning early my teenager actually fell out of bed. So this trip we are going with a CC class up higher.

Have fun

Archived