Roll Call - Infinity Feb 14 2010 - Antarctica & S. America

Chicagogirlie

Hej!

We are on the Infinity around South America cruise in December. While the nearest we come to Antarctica is Cape Horn, you are welcome to check back on other aspects.

We are only a group of 4, and no one has joined our gay thread, but we will have lots of experiences to report before you take your cruise.

Hope that helps, and sorry for "butting in". :o

Philipp' & Scott

As far as I am concerned, you are not butting in at all. Although your itinerary is slightly different than ours, i am looking forward to any information that you would like to pass along. I hope you have a fun time.

• 2 weeks later...

It's now less than 4 months but I'm ready to go now. Just booked our hotel in BA. The Hotel Axel. Looks very nice. New maybe a year old. I like their motto, a gay community property but hetero-friendly.

Hope there is a nice large Pied Piper group.

Al

It's now less than 4 months but I'm ready to go now. Just booked our hotel in BA. The Hotel Axel. Looks very nice. New maybe a year old. I like their motto, a gay community property but hetero-friendly.

Hope there is a nice large Pied Piper group.

Al

Hey Al,

This is the hotel that PP recommended. Still checking out all the options but this is definitely in the running!

~Methylyn

The Axel is where I would have stayed. I like boutique hotels like that. There are a number of charming smaller hotels in the city. Unfortunately, since I am traveling with my parents, we will be at the Hilton. This one is actually a pretty nice place for a corporate chain. It's located in the Puerto Madero district and gets great reviews. And I am using points for a free stay! :D

We will only be in Buenos Aires for the night of the 13th, Saturday. I was planning to research restaurants and maybe a tango show. Do any of you have any hotel/restaurant etc. recommendations to share? I will post here if I find anything worth sharing. So far, I understand that the Hotel Faena designed by Phillipe Stark is interesting but gets mixed reviews. The tango show there is supposed to be fabulous. Dinner and the show together is about $200 per person, though.

Hi all... will be on this cruise as well with the Pied Piper cruise... any suggestions on what kind of outer wear to bring? Being from Dallas, we just don't get the cold of winter as what I'm expecting on this trip. Thanks.

DallasSteve

Hi DallasSteve,

found this thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=934941

There are photos too which may help.

~Methylyn

I spent the month of February in Montevideo several years ago. Visitied BA while there. These two cities can be very hot in February so there you will need summer clothes. When we go south then I expect to need warm clothing similar to when we went to Alaska in July. We plan on jeans, leather jacket, sweaters, etc. The Infinity has some nice inside areas for viewing if you get cold.

Stanley I would expect to be cool or cold. Maybe it will be very sunny as it was when we went to Alaska then we won't need as much cover.

• 3 weeks later...
Hi all,

has anyone booked any excursions yet? I heard that Pied Piper also organizes tours, what's been your experience?

Methylyn

Hi there,

We are also getting really excited. Not long now. :)

We would also like some feedback on the shore excursions as some of them are very pricey.

Stuart and I are looking forward to meeting everybody. We are traveling with a group of 6.

We are arriving a few days early and then visiting the falls after the cruise.

Cheers

Niel

Hi there,

We are also getting really excited. Not long now. :)

We would also like some feedback on the shore excursions as some of them are very pricey.

Stuart and I are looking forward to meeting everybody. We are traveling with a group of 6.

We are arriving a few days early and then visiting the falls after the cruise.

Cheers

Niel

Hi Niel & Stuart,

we're also traveling with a group of 6. We've booked an excursion with Patrick Watts for "Volunteer Point" while at the Falkland Island port. He's half the price of the ship excursion. If you google him you'll find it. We're also arriving a few days early. We may not have enough time for the falls though.

~Methylyn

Hi Niel & Stuart,

we're also traveling with a group of 6. We've booked an excursion with Patrick Watts for "Volunteer Point" while at the Falkland Island port. He's half the price of the ship excursion. If you google him you'll find it. We're also arriving a few days early. We may not have enough time for the falls though.

~Methylyn

Thank you. We will check him out and book with him.

Cheers. See you on board.

PS Did you book with PD? Heard anything from them yet?

Thank you. We will check him out and book with him.

Cheers. See you on board.

PS Did you book with PD? Heard anything from them yet?

Hey Neil,

Did you mean book with Pied Piper? No we didn't. According to PP, they said they'd start offering tours 2 months prior to our cruise, which looks like December. We really didn't want to miss out with the Volunteer Point tour because of the great price so we went ahead and booked on our own.

TTYL, Meth

[/i]

Hey Neil,

Did you mean book with Pied Piper? No we didn't. According to PP, they said they'd start offering tours 2 months prior to our cruise, which looks like December. We really didn't want to miss out with the Volunteer Point tour because of the great price so we went ahead and booked on our own.

TTYL, Meth

Thank you very much for the TIP. I managed to get 6 more on the Volunteer Point tour. Now we have to go shopping......

Yes, have booked 2/14 South America thru Pied Pieper and am anxious to go. Anyone else single? Am also considering the Valparaiso to Ft. Lauderdale two weeks later. Anyone been on that one?

Welcome aboard, brk55305. I am single and I know there is at least one other. BTW, I noticed from your past threads that you were on the Constellation in 2005 in the Baltic. If that was with Pied Piper, we may have met.

Hey there, everyone.... should be getting our paperwork soon I hope... supposedly the billing date for the final payment is December 1.

Two single guys from Dallas going on this trip through Pied Piper as well ....

DallasSteve

Hi there,

What paperwork are you referring to? Talking about paperwork, i just remembered we need to get visas for Brazil. We are doing a Falls trip after the cruise.

See you on board!!!!!

Hi there,

What paperwork are you referring to? Talking about paperwork, i just remembered we need to get visas for Brazil. We are doing a Falls trip after the cruise.

See you on board!!!!!

It may be the paperwork that asks you choice for dinner seating, etc. along with credit card info.

We are also doing the Falls but pre-cruise. Double check about the visas to Brazil. I understood that if you were a tourist staying less than 60 or 90 days (can't remember) you didn't need one.

Cheers

Good morning!!!!!!:)

Just thought I'd pop in and say HOWDY!!!!Methlyn has been posting on the other thread for this cruise,so I thought i would come and visit to see if I can prompt y'all to come on over and say hi.The more the merrier!!!!This cruise is going to be awesome,its a dream cruise.We will be doing Machu Picchu before the cruise.I can now check this one off my (bucket list).Come on y'all...come and say howdy so we can get to know y'all better.We really are a fun group....aren't we Methylyn!!!!!

Kimberley

Archived