Roll Call - Infinity Feb 14 2010 - Antarctica & S. America

Chicagogirlie

Hi all,

Just got back from my week on RCCL Liberty of the Seas. I really liked the ship. Beautifully done. It was my first time with Atlantis (all-gay) cruises. Wonderful entertainment program, but the passengers tended to be a much younger crowd than I am comfortable with. If you are young and buff though, you will fit in beautifully. I've always preferred RSVP for all-gay cruises which tends to have an older crowd. And Pied Piper is my first choice for real cruising! Now my focus is on our cruise to South America and I am very excited.

I had a major schedule change for my return flights, and I would have had to cancel the BA-35 tour/transfer at the end of the cruise. I was flying home on Mexicana at 10PM. They cancelled that flight and moved me back to the Noon flight! But after 5 days of negotiating with American Airlines (I was traveling on an AA award), I am now on the 9:30pm AA flight through Miami and can stay on the tour/transfer. Anyone else on that flight?

In the past, Pied Piper has not been very forthcoming with giving the number of people booked in advance. I can understand that. But it would be nice to know. I guess we'll find out when we get on board.

Countdown everyone! Has anyone started packing yet??

Jamie

Hi all,

Just got back from my week on RCCL Liberty of the Seas. I really liked the ship. Beautifully done. It was my first time with Atlantis (all-gay) cruises. Wonderful entertainment program, but the passengers tended to be a much younger crowd than I am comfortable with. If you are young and buff though, you will fit in beautifully. I've always preferred RSVP for all-gay cruises which tends to have an older crowd. And Pied Piper is my first choice for real cruising! Now my focus is on our cruise to South America and I am very excited.

I had a major schedule change for my return flights, and I would have had to cancel the BA-35 tour/transfer at the end of the cruise. I was flying home on Mexicana at 10PM. They cancelled that flight and moved me back to the Noon flight! But after 5 days of negotiating with American Airlines (I was traveling on an AA award), I am now on the 9:30pm AA flight through Miami and can stay on the tour/transfer. Anyone else on that flight?

In the past, Pied Piper has not been very forthcoming with giving the number of people booked in advance. I can understand that. But it would be nice to know. I guess we'll find out when we get on board.

Jamie

Seems like there have been lots of schedule changes lately! Glad to hear you were able to keep the tour/transfer. We'll probably start to pack this week. I don't know if I can pack everything in 1 suitcase, might have to bring 2!

For two weeks, I will have to bring two suitcases: one standard and one suiter for hanging clothes, but I always leave a little extra room for any good buys I might find to bring back. And I pack a small, empty backpack to bring along on excursions to put water and stuff in.

Formal nights seem to be disappearing on a lot of cruise lines. What are you all doing about formal nights? I am trying to decide whether I should be packing my tuxedo and dinner jacket.

Jamie

Hi, Jamie,

I'm on the 9:30 AA flight thru Miami. Also will be on the BA35 tour/transfer.

Hard to believe next week we'll all be heading to Buenos Aires (if not sooner).

I haven't started packing yet. I haven't even decided what to take yet.

Scott

Hi, Jamie,

I'm on the 9:30 AA flight thru Miami. Also will be on the BA35 tour/transfer.

Hard to believe next week we'll all be heading to Buenos Aires (if not sooner).

I haven't started packing yet. I haven't even decided what to take yet.

Scott

Great! I suppose we'll already know each other well by then. But I shouldn't have mentioned our return flights. We haven't even started the cruise yet.

Hey DallasSteve, since you mentioning the fun table, my guess is that any table at which you sit will be a fun table! -lol

Now I am off to decide what needs to go to the dry cleaners this week.

Jamie

...and now a HUGE change to the end of the cruise for me. I was supposed to be returning home on February 28, but I was asked to host a tour to Easter Island by a gay tour company. So I changed my return flight to leave from Santiago, Chile, and I will be staying on in South America to start the tour on Easter Island on March 6. This is a very exciting and unexpected change. I'm still working on some of the other details. I may get to see Iguazzu Falls after all, if I can work it out. This also means I now won't be on the tour/transfer at the end of our cruise.

Now how the heck do I pack for BOTH of these trips! I think I will be dragging a tuxedo and dinner jacket along to Easter Island. That's probably a first!

See you all on board!

Jamie

You know, a steamer trunk doesn't sound like a bad idea.

Oh no does this mean I need to go out and buy more clothes?

I expect we will all meet the first night at a Pied cocktail party. Never miss a martini on a cruise. John and I will definitely be there but we're having dinner in the United States that night as this is our anniversary.

Bradley,

Be sure to track us down and say hello ... When I traveled with PPT in 2008 there were several on the ship who were not a part of the "group" that ended up hanging with us ... it's all good .. as they say, 'we just one big happy family' !!

See you onboard.

DallasSteve

P.S. Scott -- GET PACKING !!! hehehe

Considering I am not with your group I hope we will have

the opportunity to meet. I depart on Friday out of Toronto

on Lan Chile and head to Iguazu Falls after the cruise. My

cabin number on board is an Outside 2138. I wish you a

safe journey to South America.

Bradley

Hi Bradley,

I hope to meet you on board. I am heading to Iguazzu Falls on March 2 for 1 night. Will you be there then?

Jamie

Don't feel alone. We will pack tonight after work and up early for our flight to DFW and then EZE. See you at the AXEL bar!!!!!!!

We are very much looking forward to meeting everybody, including those who are traveling independently.

IT IS GOING TO BE AWESOME!!!!!

We leave tomorrow for Buenos Aires. Can you believe?

And can you believe I still haven't packed anything? :eek: Guess I better get in gear.

Safe travels everyone.

Archived