Carnival Destiny

martymonty

CruisinCLT

We have a group of three of us sailing on the same cruise on March 5th. Do you have any suggestions for excursions in Cozumel? I think we are booking a private deep sea fishing charter in Key West but can't make up our minds about Cozumel. Thanks!

If you are in to drinking, a co-worker just got back from Cozumel and took a pub-crawl/tour. He claims it was FANTASTIC. Cost $50 a person, stopped at 5 bars/pubs. You get a shot of liquer (or a beer, or drink so some sort, depending on the stop) at each. Some of the place were on the "other" side of the island and he claims it was VERY fasinating. If this is something you are interested in, I can get you the information. It is NOT with Carnival.

JamieG

Yep we will apperently sailing with you guys in a few short weeks. I keep saying that I am going to try and relax on this cruise but I know it is just going to be one big drunk fest, haha. We are always down to hang out with fun people so it should be a fun trip. Anyways where you girls from? I am driving down from Tallahassee the night before.

P.S. About the picture Ill try and throw one up I wasnt planning on actually posting on here but that didnt go to well.

W're from WI, NC, & WV.... 2 of us are in WI. We're all originally from PA. Anyways... make sure you guys can get crazy before you decide to party with us! LOL We get goofy!

I've gotta get a pic on here too. Still figuring that out!

We were on Destiny in November and it was fine, but I wouldn't rush to go on it again. Not that we had problems or anything, but I much prefer the spirit class ships and their layout. The decor of Lido was drab, IMO, and the aft lido deck is enclosed by glass...we much preferred the open aft lido that the Legend has.

The staff was fine, for the most part, but just not as friendly and engaging as we had on the Legend.

The food was fine...no complaints.

I was not a fan of the big screen on lido...just added extra noise.

The decor was fine...alot of upgrades (carpet, tile, etc were just being finished up when we went).

Rooms were just like other carnival rooms. Shower in the bathroon was a good size (the one big plus over the small ones on Legend). Vanity was much smaller, so little room for stuff...that's when an over-the door shoe organizer would come in handy!

We were on the 5 day, so went to Half Moon Cay, Grand Turk and Nassau. Loved the first 2, but are very tired of Nassau.

All in all, it was fine and we had a good cruise! And I thought Port of Miami operated very efficiently as well...a pleasant surprise!

that is exactly how I feel..

Hey Andrew,

facebook is under Amanda Rice

myspace is under amanda woomer

Then from my page you'll find my sisters Jess, Jamie, and Sarah

Ok Mr. Floyd........there's alot of you......does your's have a picture or a location under your profile. If you go to find me look for the one with this profile pic. I searched for myself and I was the first one on the list

s1000005866_3485.jpg

we are actually all ready booked at the Nachi Cocom Beach Club. It's not through carnival either. But thanks for the tip, maybe we'll do that one next time!

We did Nochi Cocum last year. Average at best. Beach was ok. Pool was ok. Great drinks and open bar. Easy to get drinks. Long cab ride, lots of sand and grass in pool and hot tub. Terrible bathroom with no shower. We are gonna try playa mia in october.

LOL! love it! my sister's and I range from 27-31...........we'll be the loud crazy ones by the pool. You should think about going to that private resort. $49 (only a $12 deposit) and it's unlimited drinks and a 3 course lunch. The only thing that worried me was the tour wasn't through carnival but it has received excellent reviews!

If you do Nachi, TAKE BUG SPRAY and saturate yourself before you get there!!! The day we went the mesquito's were horrid, bit us bad before we even got in the place. The woman that runs the place tried to make us pose for a picture in front of the entrance, but we couldn't stand there, and she got mad at us. She had a can of bug spray in her hand and didn't even offer to spray our legs. I thought the concept was great, but the service wasn't all that great. Good food. If they don't serve the drink you want, they walk off without waiting for you to ask for another. Also, go to the website and print the prices they quote for things like parasailing and snorkeling. We ended up paying double what the website quoted. It is a differant company, but the come into Nachi to bug you. Just go prepared and you will have a good time.

Archived