Monarch----got a few questions????

pampaul

We are going to Nassau and then the private island in June/July. I'm just wondering if there is a photo opportunity as soon as you get off the ship? I know I've seen photos of others, where they are posing with a character or say a wooden sign or something. Can you tell me if there is something on these two stops?

And I'm curious on what the cost is of a 6x8 photo package on the Monarch (and how many photos does that include)?

Will I be able to find a 12x12 scrapbooking album in any of the stores?

Is there an adult only section on this ship? Say, by the pool? I know when we were on Disney last year, we truly enjoyed this section.

Is there anywhere to view the menus from this ship?

Thanks a million.

We are going to Nassau and then the private island in June/July. I'm just wondering if there is a photo opportunity as soon as you get off the ship? I know I've seen photos of others, where they are posing with a character or say a wooden sign or something. Can you tell me if there is something on these two stops?

And I'm curious on what the cost is of a 6x8 photo package on the Monarch (and how many photos does that include)?

Will I be able to find a 12x12 scrapbooking album in any of the stores?

Is there an adult only section on this ship? Say, by the pool? I know when we were on Disney last year, we truly enjoyed this section.

Is there anywhere to view the menus from this ship?

Thanks a million.

We've been on Monarch twice so I think I can answer most of these questions. There are "picture takers" at each port of call, so yes, you will be asked to step in front of the sign that says "Coco Cay" or Nassau right off the ship/tender.

The prices I'm not 100% sure about, but they usually sell the 6x8 pictures for $9.99.

There is a nice Caribbean scrapbooking kit as well as an album. They offer some deal if you buy them together and throw in a picture of the ship. I purchased it about 3 years ago and still haven't used it yet, but they are nice.

There are no adults only areas on Monarch like there are on larger ships (or Disney). Monarch is among the smallest ships in the fleet and there just isn't a spot for adults only. The spa is located underneath loud banging and the sports areas so even that isn't the most relaxing massage you're going to get.

That said, however, Monarch is a beautiful ship and we really enjoyed sailing on her the two times we have. You will love it!

Stephie

Just got off the Monarch on Feb 13. There are some great picture taking opportunities at both ports of call. You however will need to take your own photos when coming off of the boat. At Coco Cay, the Monarch photographer can be found roaming about taking pictures of the guest. When getting off the ship in Nassau there is an arch to stand under and take a picture. Our pictures are available for review at:

http://community.webshots.com/album/...nxuvnU?start=0

A scrapbooking class is also one of the activities available to guest. I did not attend the course however.

The Monarch does not offer an adults only section on the ship. During our cruise we were told there were 2000 plus cruisers, with only 200 children. Children were not very visible on the ship.

Menus for both formal dinning rooms are posted at the entranceways of the dinning areas daily.

Cheryl

Archived