SUMMIT April 4th. San Juan-which pier?

schnoobie

Does anyone know which cruise pier we leave from? I need to book the closest hotel to ship for passenger with mobility issues....

Was about to book Sheraton San Juan and then discovered we may leave from "pan american" pier.

I was hoping to stay 1 night pre cruise, check out and drop bags at ship early then wander San Juan...How early could I drop off bags (actual departure 11pm) I'd like to unload our stuff about 11am if possible but not board until late afternoon, early evening.

also any inexpensive but clean recomendations would be helpful....

you'll be sailing out from the Pan American pier.

the Sheraton is not a bad choice -- you're right in Old San juan and you can spend the day walking up and down the streets ---lots to see --very historical, great restaurants -you're in the middle of all the "action" --actually a very beautiful city --- next day grab a cab anytime during the day after you finish your sightseeing -- the hotel is not near a beach, but it does have a pool on the roof -- good view.

Bill

We took that cruise in January and had a great week!

We weren't sure about directions. The taxi driver asked us which ship we were boarding, and he knew right where to go. I guess they are used to us tourists not always knowing our way around.

I posted our daily bulletins and schedules on a web page; maybe it will help you prepare for your cruise:

http://www.1mpages.com/CruiseDailyBulletins.html

I hope it helps. Have fun!

Archived