Children on board?

MGC

On the Wind Star Tahiti cruise last year between Christmas and New Years (is that a school holiday period?) there were only two families with young kids. Each family had more than one kid, so the siblings kept each other entertained. I don't remember seeing the families intermingling. Looked like the kids were having a great time anyway, though there are no organized activities for kids. They did have kid-rated DVD's to borrow for cabin viewing.

The menu is more limited than larger ships, so if the kids are picky eaters, they may have problems. I think hamburgers and pizza were available for lunch each day.

Jackie

Are there ususally many children (pre-teen) on Windstar ships?

I'll be on a Windstar in December with my 13 year old daughter, we have cruised many times before and I can venture to guess she will be better behaved then some of the passengers!

pixie

• 5 weeks later...

couples only no kids. We did Windspirit Istanbul to Athens, an awesome and most memorable cruise. Almost everyone was between 40 and 60, urban, professional, physically fit and very active--yuppies. One couple had a teenager who was lonesome and out of place. There are few activities for kids, no kids type menu, no place to hide.

Windstar is a class act but it is not really a cruise for kids including teenagers. But it really is a great experience for active, fit adults.

Archived