Pirates of the Caribbean zip lining

jayann

Just got back from Roatan and did Pirates - it was the BEST, most amazing experience of my life! We did the extreme one and I would reccomend it to anyone. The guides were awesome and very helpful. We didn't do the beach but was in the van when they dropped some people off, it seemed like a really nice resort.

Something doesn't sound quite right. We just booked the Pirates Extreme zipline and it is $65 pp. The regular is $45 pp. We also decided to book the beach afterwards for an additional $20 pp. They actually added the beach for $15 pp since there are ten of us. So I can't see how anyone did any ziplining and/or beach for $25:rolleyes:

we had a group of 24 that did the extreme zipline with Pirates. I arranged it via email and they provided free transportation to and from. The cost for the extreme was $65 pp with the leader (me) getting to go for free. Everyone loved it. The first running jump off the tower is a leap of faith. Definitely the highlight of our entire cruise. We didn't do the beach option as we didn't get into port until 10:00 am. By the time, we got all of us through the zipline and back to the ship it was nearly 2:30 which didn't leave much time for the beach. However, the nearby resort they take you to for beach access looked quite nice from the road.

We were there in Sept. & booked Victor Bodden for the day. We had our own driver @ $25.00pp for three of us. The Pirate Extreme was our first stop. We paid for it separate when we got there, I think it was $65.00pp. They got us there ahead of all the other groups. We had two guides with us. We have ziplined at two places in Jamaica, once in Belize & this one & it was by far the best one. Be warned that the Pirate Extreme does not have the extra safety clasp. You are also going up higher through open fields rather then the tree tops. If you love adventure this is the one for you. If not, you may want to go to one of the many others at Roatan.

Hi.

Could you tell me how long of a drive is it out to the zipline? I know on Belize it was a very long drive, about 1 1/2 hours.

Thank you,

It's only about 20 minutes in Roatan at least with a Victor Bodden driver.

It only took us about 45 minutes to get to the one in Belize with Nacho & Cynthia. we were lucky & got off on the first tender & were their only one's that day.

Where in TN are you from? I'm originally from near Johnson City (Elizabethton) till we moved to Maryville or should I say Muryville when i was in the 8th grade. I moved to SC in 1993.

Hi,

Thank you for the quick response. I am in Franklin, TN just south of Nashville. I'm glad this one is a much closer drive, so I won't be so concerned to book it on my own.

Thanks again,

What a beautiful city Franklin is. Love the downtown area. I haven't been there in many, many years.

One thing I'll also give you a heads up about. Their site says they take credit cards. I don't know if they were having machine problems or what the day we were there but we ended up paying cash. They kept having trouble converting the currency rate. We got a little worried that they would do something wrong & charge way too much so we stopped it & just used cash.

Here is a video on youtube of my son doing Pirates zip line.

We all loved it. I admit, I was scared out of my mind before I zipped.

Would I do it again....yes!

There are other zipline videos under my youtube name agusto1999.

Here is a video on youtube of my son doing Pirates zip line.

We all loved it. I admit, I was scared out of my mind before I zipped.

Would I do it again....yes!

There are other zipline videos under my youtube name agusto1999.

thanks for sharing, that brought back great memories!!!

• 3 weeks later...
we had a group of 24 that did the extreme zipline with Pirates. I arranged it via email and they provided free transportation to and from. The cost for the extreme was $65 pp with the leader (me) getting to go for free. Everyone loved it. The first running jump off the tower is a leap of faith. Definitely the highlight of our entire cruise. We didn't do the beach option as we didn't get into port until 10:00 am. By the time, we got all of us through the zipline and back to the ship it was nearly 2:30 which didn't leave much time for the beach. However, the nearby resort they take you to for beach access looked quite nice from the road.

So by doing just the extreme, it takes about 4.5 total hours?

Also, is there access to free (and easily accessible) beaches on Roatan or is it recommended that we go to one of the resorts?

Thanks for any help!

So by doing just the extreme, it takes about 4.5 total hours?

Also, is there access to free (and easily accessible) beaches on Roatan or is it recommended that we go to one of the resorts?

Thanks for any help!

I think that was just the case form that poster since they had a large group. We did our at pirates via Victor Bodden. Our driver got us there before the large groups arrived & we only had three. It took about an hour. We had plenty of time afterwards to go to the monkey farm eat lunch etc.

The Pirate Extreme is awesome, it's the best one I've ever done!!!!

I think that was just the case form that poster since they had a large group. We did our at pirates via Victor Bodden. Our driver got us there before the large groups arrived & we only had three. It took about an hour. We had plenty of time afterwards to go to the monkey farm eat lunch etc.

The Pirate Extreme is awesome, it's the best one I've ever done!!!!

Thanks for the quick reply. Given all the comments about how shady everything is, do you recommend spending the extra $20 bucks for the beach? Do you know which beach they were taking people to?

Thanks for the quick reply. Given all the comments about how shady everything is, do you recommend spending the extra $20 bucks for the beach? Do you know which beach they were taking people to?

We didn't go to the beach. We had the option with Victor Bodden & wherever he goes I think it's free.

Here is his web site if you want to see what he has to offer: http://www.boddentours.com/tours.htm

I liked it because it's private tours. You have your own car & driver & can go where ever you want. Our driver was Ali. While we were doing tours he locked the car & stayed close by. We did the Pirate Extreme, Monkey Farm, Lunch at a place called the Lighthouse & stopped at a school before getting back on the ship. We were tired by this time & ready to take a dip in the pool on the ship before it got too crowded.

Has anyone taken a cab to zipline? Do you need to do a tour to get to the ziplining sites? Could you also take a cab to the beach from the zipline? I would love to zipline and then do FIn and Flippers, but don't know if I have enough time. Our ship is in port form 12-7 - any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...

We used Pirates last week for ziplining and beach break for ten of us. We did the EXTREME ziplining. Everything was set up ahead of time with Valjean at Pirates. Smooth transaction including confirmation number. Edder met us outside the gate at the port. Since there were ten of us, we had the van to ourselves, as well as, Edder. He drove us to the site of the tour pointing out interesting things along the way. When we arrived, Valjean came out to greet us. The tour was great!! Very organized and they kept things moving. Make sure you get your picture taken with the monkey. What a ham! After finishing up at about 11:00 AM, Edder took us to Fantasy Island which is a resort about 3 minutes away. We swam, kayaked, laid out and snorkeled. The snorkeling was better than a lot of the snorkeling tours we have been on in the past. I would not stay at the resort but it was great for a day. Edder offered to bring local lunch for $8pp versus the $25 pp lunch buffet at the resort. Six of our group took him up on the offer and he returnd about 12:00 with a lunch of chicken, rice and beans, and plantains. We agreed that he would pick us up at 2:00 for return to the ship. He arrived about 2:10. He dropped some of our party off at the local shopping and the rest of us at the port. It was the best excursion we did.

IMG_0528.jpg.a13b6919c514907acc5abb5ac3399337.jpg

IMG_0533.jpg.224f07ea925aa18c56f1b2095291007e.jpg

IMG_0532.jpg.f76805f71bf85054887529a5ff97db68.jpg

IMG_0540.jpg.52fccdf3e5d717a2ad9b402c566d1605.jpg

IMG_0541.jpg.5cbdb2786469180dc472d3519d024f48.jpg

Archived