Costa Victoria - Jewel of the Emirates

Kevsgirl

No worries Philbeach Traveller.

I forgot to say that there are ALWAYS loads of taxis queued at the ship so you can always jump in one and meet your friends somewhere in Duabi - taxis are soooo cheap it is unreal.

Also the formal nights are not too formal at all - my husband wished he wore chinos with one of those long sleeve stripy shirts from NEXT he has, rather than his work suit and tie. As long as the bloke has long trousers on it is fine. Women often just wore black trousers and a smart going-out top, so don't feel you have to dress up too much at all.

Hi all this is really just to reaffirm all that has gone before we were on the cruise from 14-22 Feb, our original "land" holiday had been cancelled and this was a one off booked mainly for the sun but with great trepidation. We need not have worried fully enjoyed the experience in fact I know it sounds sad but we didn't leave the ship! The service and food choice was excellant better than most 5 star hotels and the public and room areas spotless. If someone could have controlled the wind at Bahrain I wouldn't have anything to complain about - roll on next year.:D

I was on the cruise 21st to 28th Feb and can confirm and agree all of the above coments. Fantastic.

The X1 card is incredible value if you like a drink or two. Luchtime buffet approx 12.00 till 3.00 had minimum 6 small beers, wife 6 glasses of wine. Evening meal always bottle of wine and water on table and two beers, replenished whenever aksed for. By 3rd day our fellow diners where enjoyong the wine as well - one evening went through 6 bottles.

Archived