Palo?

skepticalw2kids

Can you only eat dinner at Palo one night? I am reserving my dining online and it will only let me pick one night. What's up?

:confused:

It appears that it is only one night per cruise.

Really! Well DW & I made dinner reservations and ate twice in Palo's onboard Wonder during a 3-Day Caribbean cruise in Spring, 08! No restrictions! No problems! The meals and service at both dinners were excellent!

When you book online, the reservation system limits you to one reservation per cruise. I have heard that if you check availability once you are on board the ship and they have openings, you may be able to book a second reservation. I have not personally done this but have heard its possible.

You can only reserve Palo online for one night, but once on board, you can check for additional availability either by calling from your stateroom or going up and asking the hostess. We always travel in September and never have a problem going twice. Spaces may be full on a spring/summer cruise though.

The rules and computer allows one dinner, one brunch & one tea per guest. They sometimes will even make you make a bigger party reservation than you want if they need a particular table filled.... Now once on the ship, you can go to the bar upon embarkation or call from your room and if space is available add a second. They do this in order to make it fair that all parties who are on the ship who wanted to have the choice of dinining here are able to. If they do not fill the spots, they of course are okay $ with returnees $;). Now we have gone multiple times on multiple cruises, but we usually just tag on to someone else's reservation once we get on-board. Of course these are people we know...;)

Hello everyone! I was wondering how brunch at Palo's is? I'm traveling with my DH, DS (9), and DD (4) and was wondering if brunch or dinner is better. I thought brunch would be easier to attend while the children are attending the kids clubs. Any suggestions?:confused:

I actually prefer the brunch to the dinner! It's wonderful AND you have the great view of the ocean. (At dinner....once the sun sets....blackness)

The have wonderful seafood, breads, cheeses, other cold dishes and desserts in the buffet area. You then order hot items from your server...all you want...egg dishes, pizza, hot entrees. YUM.

Things not to miss on Palo brunch:

bacon wrapped scallops

grape and goat cheese pizza (trust me on this one)..or whatever sweet pizza they have offered

'stollen' bread with fresh fruit and whipped cream

If you do dinner (and I say try for both), I recommend the lamb (not something I normally eat...theirs is devine) and pana cotta for dessert!

You can book only one dinner in Palo/ stateroom. If you ask for a second one, they would put you on the waiting list, so in case there are cancellations, they start calling guests from the waiting list. Talk to the Palo manager once you get on-board! They want to make sure everybody requesting Palo can enjoy at least once that wonderful experience.

Have fun! :)

Archived