Serenade D1 Aft Cabins - Anyone?

This will be our first time sailing on a ship that has balcony cabins on the back of the boat. We have always stayed in mid-ship balcony cabins. Our concerns are privacy, noise from the deck above (we have a deck 10 aft room booked) and excess motion. Has anyone stayed in an Aft balcony room on the Serenade? Pros? Cons? Any pics? Thanks!!

P.S. Has anyone stayed in cabin 1604?

We are love the aft cabins. Have not been bothered by motion nor noise. Have not stayed in 1604 but have stayed in 9256 and 7172 on the Jewel and Brilliance -- sister ships to the Serenade.

Photos in the link below.

Kathy:)

This will be our first time sailing on a ship that has balcony cabins on the back of the boat. We have always stayed in mid-ship balcony cabins. Our concerns are privacy, noise from the deck above (we have a deck 10 aft room booked) and excess motion. Has anyone stayed in an Aft balcony room on the Serenade? Pros? Cons? Any pics? Thanks!!

We had 1102 on the Serenade in Oct 08 for 15 day Hawaii cruise. It is the same as 1604. The view is fantastic, the balcony huge and there are no drawbacks. Grab the room and be happy.

Privacy. Not an issue. The people in the open air portion of the Windjammer have to stand up and look down to see any part of your balcony. If you are at the rail on your balcony they will be able to see you but if you are back a few feet you cannot be seen.

The Windjammer is above you. We noticed some noises on 3 nights, out of 15, coming from above. The noise was loud enough to wake us but we are very light sleepers and others next to us heard nothing.

Motion. None we noticed and we lived on the balcony

We had five cabins in a row on deck 8 on Serenade. We absolutely love aft cabins - very quiet back there! We liked that it was a trek as it helped balance the calorie intake. The balconies are fabulous - two full size recliners and two regular chairs. The views are awesome!!

We stayed in cabin 1604 on our Serenade cruise to the Southern Caribbean and loved it! The noise you have to deal with depends on what time you usually get up. If you are up before 8am you shouldn't hear a thing. The only time we heard any noise was on the last morning when we slept in. The sliding of chairs and tables and the such, but still it was not much and did not have an affect on our enjoyment of the cabin. We actually have the GS cabin 1600 booked for our next Serenade cruise.

You will hear people complain about the walk to the aft cabins, but once again it all depends on what you are comfortable with. For my wife and I it wasn't an issue. Considering there are many times you will walk from one end to another enjoying all the ship has to offer anyway.

Here are some photos of 1604. Serenade of the Seas - Cabin 1604

Our website has photos of the entire ship as well, so be sure to check those as well.

We have stayed in 1102 on Jewel which is the same class as Serenade. We have fallen in love with the aft cabins. The balconies are quite large. The view is spectacular. As far as motion there might be a little more than midship when it is rough but otherwise there seems to be no difference IMHO. Your privacy will not be sacrificed . We never found it noisy from the Windjammer.

I think you will be very happy!!

I couldn't believe when I saw this post. I have booked 1604 3/21-28 2009! When are you sailing?

This is my first aft cabin also. Usually I like mid ship with balcony, like you. I have sailed on two other Radiance class ships and like them very much.

We stayed in cabin 1604 on our Serenade cruise to the Southern Caribbean and loved it! The noise you have to deal with depends on what time you usually get up. If you are up before 8am you shouldn't hear a thing. The only time we heard any noise was on the last morning when we slept in. The sliding of chairs and tables and the such, but still it was not much and did not have an affect on our enjoyment of the cabin. We actually have the GS cabin 1600 booked for our next Serenade cruise.

You will hear people complain about the walk to the aft cabins, but once again it all depends on what you are comfortable with. For my wife and I it wasn't an issue. Considering there are many times you will walk from one end to another enjoying all the ship has to offer anyway.

Here are some photos of 1604. Serenade of the Seas - Cabin 1604

Our website has photos of the entire ship as well, so be sure to check those as well.

Thank you sooo much!! I am so excited now..will no longer question my decision! Thanks for the great pics!!

Have been in 1104, 1604, 8672 and 9660....the 8th and 9th decks have a bit more overhang which is nice in hot weather for shade. You also on 8 hear the "wake" a bit more which we like also. We are "height" nuts though so like 10 the best ... that 20 more feet up in the air we just love.

Lou

We stayed in 8172 on the Serenade for our Alaskan cruise last fall and fell in love with aft cabins. We had previously been "hump" people. We liked it so much that we booked 1102 for our upcoming Southern Caribbean on the Serenade. You will love them, the walk is nothing, the view is everything. It's like a mini block party back there!

Have been in 1104, 1604, 8672 and 9660....the 8th and 9th decks have a bit more overhang which is nice in hot weather for shade. You also on 8 hear the "wake" a bit more which we like also. We are "height" nuts though so like 10 the best ... that 20 more feet up in the air we just love.

Lou

Thank you so much!! I think I will stick with 1604...did you ever notice any noise from the windjammer?

I couldn't believe when I saw this post. I have booked 1604 3/21-28 2009! When are you sailing?

This is my first aft cabin also. Usually I like mid ship with balcony, like you. I have sailed on two other Radiance class ships and like them very much.

We aren't going until next March :(. I am no longer worried about booking an aft cabin!! Have a great time!!

We stayed in 8172 on the Serenade for our Alaskan cruise last fall and fell in love with aft cabins. We had previously been "hump" people. We liked it so much that we booked 1102 for our upcoming Southern Caribbean on the Serenade. You will love them, the walk is nothing, the view is everything. It's like a mini block party back there!

Sounds fun...I'm so excited!! We are sailing on my 40th birthday next year!!

Hi

We've been in 1600 on Serenade and it must be one of the best areas of the ship for peace and quiet. Nobody should be back there if they don't have a cabin there. Motion depends on the state of the sea. We have just got off Emerald Princess after a Caribbean cruise in a rear suite last week and we have also been at the back on Costa Atlantica. Don't remember too much on the minus side because the pluses far outweigh them.

We usually had breakfast on the balcony overlooking the ocean or the ports-of-call. You have quite a large balcony in that one.

Sorry only photos of 1600

GO FOR IT

countdown.pl?name=Suzifloozi and Alexpress&date=5-11-2009&image=santorini2&text=Alexpress retirement cruise&ship=Voyager of the Seas

Feb2003Radiance OTSSouthern CaribbeanMay2003Brilliance OTSMediterranenFeb2004Mariner OTSEastern caribbeanFeb2004Sovereign OTSBahamasMay2004Carnival DestinySouthern CaribbeanFeb2005Explorer OTSWestern CarribeanMay2005MSC OperaMediterraneanSept2005MSC LiricaMediterraneanFeb2006Brilliance OTSPanamaAug2006Voyager OTSMediterraneanFeb2007Serenade OTSSouthern CaribbeanMay2007Voyager OTSMediterraneanSept2007MSC OrchestraMediterraneanFeb2008Costa AtlanticaSouthern CaribbeanMay2008Voyager OTSMediterraneanFeb2009Emerald PrincessCaribbeanMay2009Voyager OTSMediterranean

Hi

We've been in 1600 on Serenade and it must be one of the best areas of the ship for peace and quiet. Nobody should be back there if they don't have a cabin there. Motion depends on the state of the sea. We have just got off Emerald Princess after a Caribbean cruise in a rear suite last week and we have also been at the back on Costa Atlantica. Don't remember too much on the minus side because the pluses far outweigh them.

We usually had breakfast on the balcony overlooking the ocean or the ports-of-call. You have quite a large balcony in that one.

Sorry only photos of 1600

GO FOR IT

countdown.pl?name=Suzifloozi and Alexpress&date=5-11-2009&image=santorini2&text=Alexpress retirement cruise&ship=Voyager of the Seas

Feb2003Radiance OTSSouthern CaribbeanMay2003Brilliance OTSMediterranenFeb2004Mariner OTSEastern caribbeanFeb2004Sovereign OTSBahamasMay2004Carnival DestinySouthern CaribbeanFeb2005Explorer OTSWestern CarribeanMay2005MSC OperaMediterraneanSept2005MSC LiricaMediterraneanFeb2006Brilliance OTSPanamaAug2006Voyager OTSMediterraneanFeb2007Serenade OTSSouthern CaribbeanMay2007Voyager OTSMediterraneanSept2007MSC OrchestraMediterraneanFeb2008Costa AtlanticaSouthern CaribbeanMay2008Voyager OTSMediterraneanFeb2009Emerald PrincessCaribbeanMay2009Voyager OTSMediterranean

Do you have links to your pics of 1600. Would love to see them as we have that cabin booked this November.

Also... It seems your cruise ticker and past cruises are all outside your signature. That's why it is a part of the quote.

Archived