Wow Wow Wow! Retrying NCL in a BIG way!!

tammymacb

I posted a few days back hoping for some advice on booking NCLs Gem for the Med in 2010.

I've decided to give NCL another try! ( Sorry that I offended calling the Majesty a *prune* but IMO it is and a prune was the only word I could think of that would not get me banned from these boards :eek: )

Anyhoo....Not only did I decide to go ahead and book A Med Greek Isles cruise on the Gem in June....I'm going to back to back it with the Greece/Turkey cruise that follows! :D

Two weeks on the Med in a mini suite!!!!! I canNOT wait!

Still would love to hear any and all info on the kids club ( bringing my 12 yo DD ) and the ins and outs of a mini suite. I was told today, I'd have priority dining reservations, embarkation etc etc..( but no use of the courtyard )

Since my only experience with NCL was the Majesty ( though we've also sailed CCL, X, RCCL and Disney ) tips would be appreciated...

Thanks!

I posted a few days back hoping for some advice on booking NCLs Gem for the Med in 2010.

I've decided to give NCL another try! ( Sorry that I offended calling the Majesty a *prune* but IMO it is and a prune was the only word I could think of that would not get me banned from these boards :eek: )

Anyhoo....Not only did I decide to go ahead and book A Med Greek Isles cruise on the Gem in June....I'm going to back to back it with the Greece/Turkey cruise that follows! :D

Two weeks on the Med in a mini suite!!!!! I canNOT wait!

Still would love to hear any and all info on the kids club ( bringing my 12 yo DD ) and the ins and outs of a mini suite. I was told today, I'd have priority dining reservations, embarkation etc etc..( but no use of the courtyard )

Since my only experience with NCL was the Majesty ( though we've also sailed CCL, X, RCCL and Disney ) tips would be appreciated...

Thanks!

Talk about jumping in with both feet! Congratulations and enjoy your cruise!

We're booked on the Gem - one week cruise and it's our first time on NCL. We usually sail RCCL and I've been eating up all the NCL info I can find.

Sounds like you're in for a terrific time. I would, however check and see about the mini-suite receiving the perks you mentioned. Maybe the Gem is different, but mini-suites do not usally get priority embarkation & dinner reservations. It's usally AE & higher. I hope I'am wrong and you do get these perks, but I hate to have you go on your cruise and you don't get them. Please check again--if it was a TA she/he might be mistaken. If I'am wrong I want to know as don't want to pass on any false info.

Have a wonderful cruise.

...and the ins and outs of a mini suite. I was told today, I'd have priority dining reservations, embarkation etc etc..( but no use of the courtyard )

I'm happy for you and your itinerary. I love the Gem.

I have a question about the comments you made re: the minisuite. It is more realistic to think of the minisuite as a being a "deluxe balcony" rather than a suite. So, I was wondering.. who told you what about the benefits you will receive by being in a minisuite?

You will indeed have some limited priority for restaurant reservations (48 hours in advance vs. 24 hours for inside and oceanview cabins). But ..."embarkation etc etc."?? Please expand on this as perhaps you have discovered some hidden or new benefits available to minisuite guests.

I was told this by an employee of NCL( I guess he's one of their salespeople ) . I'd called last week to ask some questions and he called me back. We've been going back and forth since.

He gave me this info today. I'd called him *just* to nail down the mini suite definition and what I would be paying for with that room.

I appreciate the heads up and I will clarify before making the deposit this evening.

Archived