Summit.......Its Been Awhile

gdoyle

We've sailed twice before on Summit, 2002 Alaska and 2005 Mexico. We are considering 12 night Med. this summer on Summit. A couple of questions..... Is the Summit showing its age? When was last refurbishment? New bedding? We are also considering Soltice, but like the pricing and itineary of the Summit sailing. Any info would be appreciated.

I was on her in November and we had a great time. Overall the ship looks great, and we found that the prices were amazingly low for our Med cruise. The only thing that looked dated to me was the carpeting and drapes in the cabin--odd blue and orange combo--clean but definitely dated. To be honest, after the first day I barely noticed--kind of like in your own house. And we didn't spend that much time in our cabin anyway!

I have looked at Solstice too, but I don't really like the itineraries; the new ship would be fun but it just doesn't work for me. I wouldn't hesitate to sail Summit again. We particularly loved the thalassotherapy pool (great for recuperating after long days in ports) and the Martini/Champage bar for people watching. The MDR is beautiful, service was excellent as always.

Hope this helps

Cathy

gdoyle and somewhere in the sun--I am booked on Summit Classical Med June 3, Barcelona to Venice. Haven't been on Summit since first X cruise--Alaska cruise/tour in Aug. '03.

Really looking forward to cruising her again. We have a roll call and there have been some recent bookers posting. Prices are tumbling. Last week the price of our original OV came way down again AND they upgraded us to a CC. Now's the time to book! :D

I am not one to worry much about a little wear and tear on a ship. There's bound to be some. I am much more concerned with food quality and service. That said, on our 1/17 sailing we noticed some lumpy spots in the floor of the main dining room on the bottom floor at the starboard side (I think) at the entrance. I wonder what could be the cause of something like that and why they didn't fix it.

John in OHIO

Archived