Skagway -- Frontier vs. Chilkoot?

lsane2

I think I've narrowed my choice to either the Yukon Discovery Tour with Frontier or the Yukon Bus and Rail Excursion with Chilkoot.

The descriptions are similar except Frontier uses a bus for the whole trip and Chilkoot has the train and the bus (and of course the train is more expensive).

Has anyone done these particular tours? Is the train with Chilkoot one of the vintage trains?

Thanks!

I think I've narrowed my choice to either the Yukon Discovery Tour with Frontier or the Yukon Bus and Rail Excursion with Chilkoot.

The descriptions are similar except Frontier uses a bus for the whole trip and Chilkoot has the train and the bus (and of course the train is more expensive).

Has anyone done these particular tours? Is the train with Chilkoot one of the vintage trains?

Thanks!

Chilkoot also does the van-only tour. Both Frontier and Chilkoot are $99 per person.

With the train, you have to choose between the shorter trip (which ends in Fraser) and the longer one to the Yukon (ends in Carcross). With the shorter one, Chilkoot Tours will pick you up by van in Fraser and take you into the Yukon to Emerald Lake and Caribou Crossing (for a visit to the Husky camp), before returning to Skagway. The longer train trip (to Carcross) does NOT include a stop at the Husky camp.

Archived