Turtle Farm - anyone been there in the last year?

pclaire

My dd 10 and I will be in the Caymans in june. Last trip we did the Captain Marvin's snorkel/stingray city excursion. We really liked it, but thought we'd try something different this time. Ideally, we'd like to do a combination snorkeling/turtles, but don't know whether such a tour exists. And is the turtle farm fun - I know its been redone, so what do you all think? Thanks so much for any info you can give me!

You start at the mature turtle tank for a brief talk. Then go to the baby turtle tank for pics. Then to the different tanks to see the different stages of growth. There was a 4 year old girl in our group who was very excited about the turtles -- until the one she was holding started flapping its feet -- scared her a bit. It is a very short tour -- a bit dull for adults but your dd might like it if she is into turtles.

We did the Turtle Farm twice when we were in Grand Cayman for 2 weeks in July. My 7 and 9 year old loved it, the teen-agers thought it was lame. There is a water park attached to the farm that you pay extra admission for. It looked like a nice water park and was not crowded at all. Across the highway is a wonderful restaurant called The Conch that is worth checking out. My husband and teen-agers went scuba diving right off the shore of the restaurant (with a dive master) and said it was even better than The Wall. Beautiful scenery. If you have any other questions about Grand Cayman, I'll be glad to try and answer them.

• 2 weeks later...

We want to visit only the Turtle Farm. How much is a taxi ride for 2 adults and 2 kids. How much is the entry fee? Is it worth seeing? How long is the drive? My kids are 3 and 9. What about the waterpark? Is that included? Is it clean? I know this is alot of questions, thanks for any adivce or answers.

We booked with Captian Marvins last year. We went on the early short excursion to the Rays and then went to the Turtle farm, rum factory and Hell!!!! It was a great trip and their prices are reasonable!!!

They are wonderful people, very trustworthy!!! you will not be disappointed!

• 1 month later...
We want to visit only the Turtle Farm. How much is a taxi ride for 2 adults and 2 kids. How much is the entry fee? Is it worth seeing? How long is the drive? My kids are 3 and 9. What about the waterpark? Is that included? Is it clean? I know this is alot of questions, thanks for any adivce or answers.

All good questions! I would like to know as well. We leave in 2 days...

Any info would help. ( sorry I can't help :()

We were there April 14 and really enjoyed it. We booked the tour through Celebrity and our only complaint was not enough time. To be honest we were not really looking forward to it but had a good time. We didn't have a chance to see the hatchlings or some other things we wanted to see but I will go back.

We were there on April 14th. We used the 'bus' (a taxi that seats about 10) and it cost $5 for our family of 3. I gave the driver $10 and he gave me $5 back. Ride was about 20- 25 mins. Waterpark is extra. Turtle farm alone was $18 for adults, $9 for my 8 yo and free for my 4 yo. It is outside so I am not sure of your idea of clean but it was just a bunch of open tanks that you could reach in and grab a sea turtle out of to take pictures with or just hold then put them back in (only the marked holding tanks). My sons loved the lizards/iguanas running around and hanging out in the trees as much as the sea turtles. Though don't worry they do not come near you, my kids just wanted to go to them. hope this answers your questions.

We went on the stingray/snorkel with Moby Dick tours before going so we went to the Turtle Farm on our own, no tour. It was nice because we could hang out with them at the tanks as long as we wanted. We were on our schedule.

Archived