Celebrity Transfers -POM to FLL

librarylady19

I booked Celebrity's transfers back from POM to FLL to fly out on our return. We have plenty of time since our flight isn't until 4:50 pm.

I've read some comments that using Celebrity's transportation is not a good idea. Cost was $58 for 2. I'm not too concerned about cost just want the least inconvenience.(Renting a car is not an option: too much hassle and expensive if you drop off in different location.)

Can anyone share their experiences. I have been looking on Florida boards but would like to hear specifically from Celebrity customers. TIA!

I booked Celebrity's transfers back from POM to FLL to fly out on our return. We have plenty of time since our flight isn't until 4:50 pm.

I've read some comments that using Celebrity's transportation is not a good idea. Cost was $58 for 2. I'm not too concerned about cost just want the least inconvenience.(Renting a car is not an option: too much hassle and expensive if you drop off in different location.)

Can anyone share their experiences. I have been looking on Florida boards but would like to hear specifically from Celebrity customers. TIA!

A car service or taxi will run you at least $75, so you are probably better off just sticking with Celebrity's transfers.

Our cruise ended in FLL, and we also had a later (5pm ) flight out of Miami. We "thought a rental car was too expensive too." However, another couple on the ship told us it just wan't so. They literally took us by then hand with them as they rented a vehicle for cheaper than transfer.

Here's what we did: Got off the ship. Right outside the Celebrity terminal, there is a "Thrify Shuttle" that will take you to the FLL Thrify Counter. We rented a Caravan that day for only $56 total (taxes and all), inlimited miles, and drop off at Miami airport. We (leisurely) spent the day driving around Miami Beach, and the coast. We then headed to Miami airport, and dropped off the car. It was a piece of cake, and gave us entertainment for the day. They give you a map, and it's a really easy route. I just looked at their website for the time of your cruise....and I am finding similar prices.

We are wondering the same thing.. we are on thre 2/28 Century sailing so will be getting off when you are getting on!

My in laws live in FLL so we will be flying down a few days early to visit w/ them and then need to make our way from FLL to POM and then the reverse on 3/5... We have tried everything to figure out the best way/least hassle/best price/least schlepping of bags/kids (we are traveling w/ our 7 and 9 yr olds) and I am so confused!

I think now we may take a shuttle from their place in FLL to the port to keep things simple, but I would like to rent a car on 3/5 as our flight isn't until 4pm and if it is nice out we would much rather be exploring/beaching than sitting in an airport!!

Any hints anyone can provide for the most convenient/easy rentals from POM (dropping off in FLL) would be appreciated...I just checked Thrifty and it was $110 for the day...

Thank you!!

Archived