Screwed by RCI .....once again

lmurf

In light of the above, my suggestion would not work for OP; however, it might for others.

I use Priceline to bid for air and precruise hotel. I would not do it if I had to fly in the day of the cruise, but going in the day before, it doesn't matter to me what time the flight arrives--as long as it is the day before. I have never been disappointed, and the price is great. Much nicer hotels than we can afford otherwise (or rather, than we choose to pay).

Thanks, Petesweet, on the occasions when we can fly in the day before, I will try Priceline; I've heard good things about the flights and hotel prices. Thanks again for your kind reply.

I agree that the OP did not get what was advertised and can understand the frustration but I would have asked for my bags back and taken a cab. Then deal with trying to get a refund on the transfers when you get back.

Glad you enjoyed the cruise though. But I would NOT let this keep me from cruising RCL again. Next time you know what to do and should have a totally enjoyable cruise. :)

Thanks, LisaH, will do!

;)

I am confused. From Orlando Airport to Port Canaveral is a three-hour, 216 mile trip. So you didn't sail from Port Canaveral. If you had, RCI would have flown you into Fort Lauderdale, which is only five minutes from Port Canaveral. You must have sailed out of Orlando, right???

However, they are only required to get you on to the ship on time, and they did. By their reckoning the cruise begins when you are onboard and muster drill is over.

Fran in Toronto

Fran, Actually it is a 45 minute bus trip from Orlando International Airport to Port Canaveral...not 3 hours... Thanks for your concern, though. For some reason, RCI flies into Orlando rather than Fort Lauderdale.

Archived