Pregnant and need ideas for San Juan

debate8543

So, my cruise ship is stopping in San Juan in mid-March. I will be 12 weeks pregnant at that point and have noticed that my condition excludes me from a few of the excursions I would really like to do (zip lining and bio bay tour). I am a pretty active person, feeling good, and have not had problems with morning sickness. Having never been to San Juan before, I'm looking for something fun to do, preferably involving nature/the outdoors, that doesn't exclude pregnant women. Any ideas? Thanks!

So, my cruise ship is stopping in San Juan in mid-March. I will be 12 weeks pregnant at that point and have noticed that my condition excludes me from a few of the excursions I would really like to do (zip lining and bio bay tour). I am a pretty active person, feeling good, and have not had problems with morning sickness. Having never been to San Juan before, I'm looking for something fun to do, preferably involving nature/the outdoors, that doesn't exclude pregnant women. Any ideas? Thanks!

What hours are you going to be in port, and what day of the week?

We're coming in on the Eurodam Tuesday, March 10. We'll be in the port from 10 a.m. until 11 p.m.

That is great- it gives you a lot of time to explore.

I have a nice plan for you:

You can rent a car (from Charlie's- they have pier pickup). Then you can drive to Pinones. Bike or kayak or walk on the boardwalk there, enjoy the waterfront, maybe have lunch.

Then head to the rainforest. By about 1-2pm, most of the tour buses will be gone and it will be less crowded. You can do the usual trails, or some of the lesser used ones (like Juan Diego or Bano de Oro). If you are really into hiking, you can skip Pinones and spend more time in the rainforest.

You can stay and have a nice dinner in the area (maybe at Kiosk #2) or Richie's- both not far from the rainforest.

Or head back to OSJ to catch a show. At 6pm there is LeLoLai at San Cristobal fort or at 7pm there is a Flamenco show closer to El Morro. Then a great dinner- at Parrot Club, or Baru or Buren or any of the other great places.

But I don't know if being 3 months preganant will prevent you from doing the BioBay. Kayaking should not be a problem. If you rent a car, you can book it on your own. The first BioBay tour starts at about 6p, and ends at about 8:30p, so you need at least 2 hrs to get back, drop off the car, and get back to the ship.Just make sure of your port times- is it local time or ship time.....

But there are other things too- gardens for walking around, and maybe the Segway and just walking around OSJ. I have a PR travel site for more ideas and my experiences doing things in PR. http://www.PRDayTrips.com

So, shopping at the coach outlet probably won't count huh? :)

but seriously, congrats! I love old san juan :). I think Old San Juan is one of the great ports where you don't need to plan anything if you don't want. Just hoof it to each of the forts... there is an amazing cemetary in between both. Really really beautiful town!

Cheryl :)

Archived