Can You Just Swim???

dreamfinder222

Hello! First time cruiser/poster...my DW and I are taking a 7-day western Caribbean cruise with Carnival next month. I'm wondering if, when you stop at each port, there are beaches where you can get some sun, swim, snorkel, etc. on your own? Do they allow you to just walk out into the water on most beaches?

Seems like a silly question, but we'd like to know!!!

Eric

7 mile beach at Grand Cayman is a FREE public beach... :) They will charge for chaise lounges, chairs or umbrellas..:p

To be more specific, places like hotels/resorts that have chairs/umbrellas etc, for their guest will charge you if you want to use them. The beach itself is free, including going out into the water.

Are these beaches within reasonable walking distance from the ship or is it necessary to secure transportation?

Not really. The beach area starts at under a mile from the tender docks, but I don't see any reason in walking it. The popular Royals Palms area of the beach is 2 miles. Taxis are easy to get, and it will be easy to catch one back from Royal Palms. Most taxis are vans so they'll want to get 6 or 8 people at one time if possible. When getting off the ship you can just ask if anybody else is headed there, or you can just go up to any of the people advertising taxis. It is really a simple process.

Archived