Vancouver - Amtrak station to the pier?

With your luggage I would suggest a cab - it will only be a very short ride probably under $15. and about 5 mins. regardless of which dock your ship is at (we have 2).

Provided your ship is docked at Canada Place your other option would be to take our public transit system called the Sky Train which you would catch accross the street from the train station and ride it 4 stops to the end of the line which is Water Front Station and that is right beside the Canada Place cruise ship dock.

With your luggage I would suggest a cab - it will only be a very short ride probably under $15. and about 5 mins. regardless of which dock your ship is at (we have 2).

Provided your ship is docked at Canada Place your other option would be to take our public transit system called the Sky Train which you would catch accross the street from the train station and ride it 4 stops to the end of the line which is Water Front Station and that is right beside the Canada Place cruise ship dock.

Will the taxi and public transit accept US currency?

Most US coins will work in the ticketing machines or fare boxes but probably not your new $1 coin - there is a currency exchange booth at the train station - they will charge you a $3.00 service fee for the transaction - when I used it yesterday to convert some US bills to Cdn $$$$ the rate seemed okay.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Dennis

There is an ATM at the train station but a private one so there are extra charges and yes there is the Van City one but I wanted to exchange some US cash for some Cdn cash which those ATM's won't do.

I also actually walked home from the station to my condo dragging my suitcase behind me - this economy is turning me into even more of a cheapo - actually after three days on the train I needed the exercise and with a warm sun it wasn't all that bad - at the gym today I was actually down a couple of lbs from before the trip.

Hopefully I won't jinx them but I go away and the Canucks start winning and it looks like the Kesler, Sundin, Demitra line has got them scoring again.

Sunny and pleasant here today

Cheers

Dennis

Archived